Did you mean: 

O2 Open: Not getting the validation email

danpaul88
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I'm trying to register on O2 open but I'm not receiving the validation email (and I've already checked that it isn't in a spam folder or something). I've tried both variants of our email domain at work and clicked the resend link a few dozen times - still nothing.

I was told in store when I got my new contract that I can use my payslip and NI number to validate with O2 open instead, but I can't find any link that allows me to send that - the only options I have are to resend the validation email, change the email address or change the company code (which, upon trying it, leads back to "give us an email address" with no other options).

Is your website broken at the moment? Can I validate by payslip instead and, if so, where do I need to go to do that?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@danpaul88 I'm sorry to hear you're still stuck, I'll send you a PM now to get some more info and see what else we could do to help. 

@Yellowcat Have you already tried contacting Customer Service as the other members advised intially? If so what did they tell you? Let us know if you still need more help afterwards and we'll see if there's anything else we could do slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 12

danpaul88
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@EmilieT thank you for getting in touch with the O2 Guru team - they rang me a few hours after I sent the details to you via PM and arranged to add the appropriate discount manually. They believed the problems were caused by miscommunication between my companies email server and the O2 email servers.

They also explained that the reason I couldn't find the options for verifying with an NI number and payslip is because my company have chosen to disable this option for O2 Open users, thus it was hidden from me on the web page. It may be useful to add this information to your otherwise excellent guide here on the community.

Ironically a few hours after this phone call I got a deluge of about 40 O2 Open emails which allowed me to validate my account after all! Looks like the email servers made friends again 😕 Typical timing! At least I'm all registered so I can apply a new discount in 2 years time when I upgrade again.

Thanks again for all your help slight_smile

Message 12 of 12