Did you mean: 

O2 Open: Not getting the validation email

danpaul88
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I'm trying to register on O2 open but I'm not receiving the validation email (and I've already checked that it isn't in a spam folder or something). I've tried both variants of our email domain at work and clicked the resend link a few dozen times - still nothing.

I was told in store when I got my new contract that I can use my payslip and NI number to validate with O2 open instead, but I can't find any link that allows me to send that - the only options I have are to resend the validation email, change the email address or change the company code (which, upon trying it, leads back to "give us an email address" with no other options).

Is your website broken at the moment? Can I validate by payslip instead and, if so, where do I need to go to do that?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

danpaul88
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@EmilieT thank you for getting in touch with the O2 Guru team - they rang me a few hours after I sent the details to you via PM and arranged to add the appropriate discount manually. They believed the problems were caused by miscommunication between my companies email server and the O2 email servers.

They also explained that the reason I couldn't find the options for verifying with an NI number and payslip is because my company have chosen to disable this option for O2 Open users, thus it was hidden from me on the web page. It may be useful to add this information to your otherwise excellent guide here on the community.

Ironically a few hours after this phone call I got a deluge of about 40 O2 Open emails which allowed me to validate my account after all! Looks like the email servers made friends again 😕 Typical timing! At least I'm all registered so I can apply a new discount in 2 years time when I upgrade again.

Thanks again for all your help slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @danpaul88

You should finf the help you need here but if not, please call customer services directly 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @danpaul88 No the website isn't broken. Have you followed all the steps in this guide?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

danpaul88
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff and @MI5, thanks for the link. I have followed the steps in that guide as well as I'm able, but I'm stuck at step 2. When I provide my works email address I don't get any email sent through, so I can't validate my account.

The guide says you can;

"Alternatively you can give us your National
Insurance number and upload a recent copy of your payslip.
We will check these details and send you an email to your
personal email address to let you know that you've been
validated successfully. This will take up to three days."

But I don't see any way to actually do this on the O2 Open website - is there an email address I'm supposed to send this information to?

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Easiest way is to call customer services on 202 to get help as we can't do anything with your account from here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @danpaul88, have you contacted Customer Service as advised since you last posted? If so, any progress? 

Let us know if you need more help slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 12

Yellowcat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am experiencing a similar problem. I am current on maternity leave and so my last payslip is from February. I work for the NHS and I am not getting  the validation email to my NHS account. I have contacted my local IT department for the service I work for and the nhsmail helpsesk neither of which can whitelist the o2 email address. What are my options? 

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@EmilieT May be able to help you too?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

danpaul88
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Yellowcat I'm still trying to get mine done - I spent an hour on the live chat with O2 yesterday and they weren't able to resolve it - they kept pointing me to the page with inputs for company code and work email address (and NO fields for NI and payslip) and telling me to use the non-existant NI and payslip fields.

I suspect they've changed the O2 Open website very recently to remove those fields without actually telling anyone they've done it and somehow broken the email verification in the process 😕

The live chat advisor asked me to ring them on 202 so I'm going to try that today... but it's tricky since I can't use the phone in my office and I can't use my work email from anywhere BUT the office, so I can't check for any emails that might arrive whilst I'm on the phone to them.....

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Is @EmilieT not helping you now?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12