cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Employer Code

Anonymous
Not applicable
So as of today the system for O2 open has been tweaked to try and reduce the abuse of the system.

Yesterday I bought a new phone contract, and I discussed in store about applying a discount using O2 open. I was told to head to the website and put in the details and such, however I'm lost when it comes to the employer code. The website suggests you speak to the HR department.

I am in the army reserve and we don't have a central HR department. The closest it might be is the clerks and they have no idea what I am talking about when I asked about the O2 code.
I've got all my verification details ready to go but I can't proceed past the first stage because I don't have the employers code.

If anyone else has had some success at this or could point me in the right direction of where to ask that would be useful.

Thanks
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You can get the Open discount if you enter Army as the organisation. All the info you need including relevant links are here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/ba-p/1020172

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what I'm saying, the system has changed, that's how it used to work, but now we have to ask someone at our workplace for the code, and I haven't a clue who to ask.
Message 3 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Mmmmmm. I see it says you need the 5 character O2 company code you get from your employer. Thats new to me so I will ask for @MI5 or @jonsie to advise further. They probably wont be back on till tomorrow morning now @Anonymous so pop back to the thread later on?

Open 1.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The guide is still correct. (the link within the guide takes me to the section I displayed above)  The process of acquiring a 5 digit code from your Employer is new.

We can only hope with a system change like this... O2 have issued all relevant employers with the code required to allow employees access to O2 Open. Particularly as it needs to be activated within 30 days of taking out the contract. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 77

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Toby can you get confirmation please so the KB can be updated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 77

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to contact the team mentioned here http://www.army.mod.uk/agc/31151.aspx attached to your reserves is all I can find on googling HR for the army

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 77

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Simple answer is no, they havent updated employers with the relevant code, Ive already had 3 people ask me if i know our Open Code...

And yes this is the new process, you also need a my o2 account as well. 

I'll let everyone know the score when / if i get an update from my account manager..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That was my concern (Employers would not have been given the 5 digit code) Poor practice to implement a new system  when it's incomplete. Yet again it will be the customer who suffers... as they have to claim this within 30 days of contract start ..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 77

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Simple answer is no, they havent updated employers with the relevant code, Ive already had 3 people ask me if i know our Open Code...

And yes this is the new process, you also need a my o2 account as well. 

I'll let everyone know the score when / if i get an update from my account manager..

This I'm afraid is fairly typical of the way O2 operates at the moment Crazy

Message 10 of 77