Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insurance Claim - Model Out of Stock

danny1091
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I had an insurance claim for my lost phone approved on the 29th November and since giving O2 my delivery details for my replacement, O2's insurance department have been awful.

I was told after phoning them on the 30th that my model (iPhone 7) was out of stock and to quote the advisor on the phone "we get new stock every day so it shouldn't been too long". I rang them again on Monday to say I was disappointed in the lack of communication on their part and that there was an indefinite period on me getting a replacement phone. The advisor put in a complaint for me and I was told somebody would review all the calls and email me with a response. I have heard nothing since then.

What I want to know is if anybody has had a similar experience with their handset being out of stock and how long I am expected to wait before they have any? It seems ridiculous that I am paying for a contract I can't use because of their lack of stock. I have even checked the O2 'like new' site and they seem to have iPhone 7 32GB models for sale on there, why can't they give me one of those? 

I have made a complaint on Resolver but God knows when I'll hear back. Not having a phone also means it's difficult for to contact O2 about this. I am shocked they don't offer temporary replacements in scenarios like this.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123391 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @danny1091 we have heard of similar cases and its damn annoying. Really you can only continue to complain over and over again. Problem is, it's the Christmas season and people are buying presents. I expect mobiles are top of their list. Hope it gets sorted soon...:smileysad:

Edit: you may want to tell them you expect to be refunded for the contract payments you have made whilst having no phone

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Yeah keep on moaning at them until they resolve it.
If not, it could take weeks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 11

danny1091
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you both.

The annoying thing is I don't have easy access to another phone without having to borrow somebody elses. The insurance department really need an easier way of contact for people who have lost their phone!

I'll keep on their case about it.

Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23225 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

If you just need a nothing fancy, just calls and texts phone as an interim replacement, you can pick one up on Amazon for very little.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Oh they have stock, just not stock of a refurb they want to send you.
Point out their terms that includes the word "new" and not just "may be a refurbished device"
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Although anything showing as in stock on the website should be taken with a large pillar of salt..... 

Message 7 of 11

danny1091
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok so thought I'd update the situation as I could use some more advice.

I have called O2 insurance on 3 occasions since starting this thread, the first being on the evening of the 8th. The woman on the phone said it can take up to 5 days when a complaint is 'pushed through' and that I should call back again on Tuesday evening if I have heard nothing from them.... I heard nothing.

I gave them another call last night to find out what the hell was going on at 6:45 and was told it was too late for them to contact the other insurance people (WTF?!) as they closed at 6:30. He told me he would phone them first thing this morning to push through my order and then email me what was happening... again, I heard nothing.

Gave them another call at 2 o'clock today, explained I was expecting an email from somebody I spoke to last night and the guy on the phone told me there was no note of any call on my account from last night and that my last noted call was on the 8th!!! He then "contacted" (put me on hold for 5 mins) another department and told me my phone would be arriving tomorrow. He said I'll receive a confirmation email of my order when it's processed. Now I know it's only 2 hours later but if I haven't received an order confirmation at this time of day I really can't see myself getting anything tomorrow and I am genuinely worried I won't be getting any phone at all at this rate.

I wanted some advice on what I should do next? I've now been lied to 3 times and not quite sure what I can do when the person on the other line is telling me something is definitely happening for it then not to happen. I've lodged 2 complaints; one with O2 and the other with resolver. Both of which obviously take time and O2 have responded to neither of these yet.

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
If I can try and see a silver-lining in this, you could still get your email today.
I haven't ordered online for a long time, but the last time I did, the dispatch email came through about 7.30pm.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 11

danny1091
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You're right I could, but this isn't from their online shop - it's from their 'other' insurance people who supposedly close at 6:30!

The fact I've been lied to twice before today doesn't fill me with confidence about this order going through at all.
Message 10 of 11