Zainie786
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I’m completely confused.

i have had Switch up from October 2022. 
I switched up in September 2023

i have been told I am unable to switch up again for 90 days by the stores, which seems contradictory to the forum post by the Social Team. 

I spoke to customer support, who confirmed that I can switch up anytime, but they can’t do anything, and can’t communicate this to the store.

i spoke to the store again, and they said they can try and see what happens, perfect I thought. 

the phone I want isn’t in stock, so I was told to speak to customer service to organise. 

I spoke to customer service and they confirmed that they don’t do switch, only way is through the store. 

spoke to the store again, and now they are saying that they can’t get a phone in stock for switch up. I checked the website and it is showing next day delivery/collection, but the store says this is for new customers only, not switch up. They can’t order the phone, because of insurance. 

really confused right now, I just want to change to a 1Tb iPhone… can anyone advise? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Zainie786 

Firstly, yes you can still switch up any time.

Secondly, the store can order a phone in for you for which you need to pay a £50 deposit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Zainie786 

The shop are talking tosh.

Go into Store and ask them to order a phone in for you, and if need be ask to speak to a manager or team leader, and get them to order it in for you.. or try a different o2 stores...

No idea what they mean about insurance...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Just more of the standard crap we hear these days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Zainie786
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now super frustrated. I managed to reserve the phone I want in Northampton, travelled an hour to the store today. 
they tried to access my account, but it is being migrated… so couldn’t do anything.

The agent noticed my phone and immediately said that I won’t be able to switch up, as it hasn’t been 90 days. 

I explained that the forums show different, I wasn’t aware of this when I switched up in September, and customer service confirmed that I can switch up anytime.

i was told this is wrong. The service advisor spoke to his manager, who spoke to the area manager, and everyone confirmed that when you switch up, you get moved to the 90 days terms, not the anytime as the forum and cs indicate. 

I left empty handed again! Super frustrated now, and genuinely confused.

Message 5 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Zainie786 

I suppose that an obvious thing to suggest is that you try another store, obviously once your account has been migrated.  

Message 6 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Zainie786 

More BS from the retail teams, and unfortunately once they have spoken to an Area Manager there is little they can do 😞 as that is there reporting line complete

It doesn't help they cant access your account, which will have the details on to be honest... 

@Dave-O2 thought this was all sorted now, but seems not...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 8

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 649 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @madasaf1sh 

@Zainie786 Can you please drop me a PM with the latest on this including your mobile number 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 8 of 8