cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Email account

Anonymous
Not applicable

On April 4 my O2 email/ Webmail account stopped working.  All my e-mail clients say my settings are incorrect and if I try to log into webmail while I'm signed in on the o2 website I get directed to http://www.o2.co.uk/assets/O2HybridNav/Static-files/errors/error.html where I get the following message: "It might be temporarily unavailable. Or it might have been moved, updated or deleted. Have you  got the right web address? Try typing it in again, making sure there are no spaces or capital letters.”

I have tried to find help everywhere: O2 ‘Gurus’, Complaint Service, Help Desk, etc and I’ve wasted days trying to sort this out and yet nobody at O2 has done anything to help. Each time I get the same stock response; either:

a)     “I've forwarded your details to our support team. The issue will be sorted in 3-5 days. They'll get back to your on your email address once the issue is sorted.” OR;

b)     “There is a problem with the o2 email service right now, the engineers are working on this & will try to sort it very soon.” There isn't! - there's nothing reported on the forums & when I search the them this seems to be a stock response when the person at the other end hasn't got a clue.

And each time nothing changes & I waste yet another week with no email. Everybody apologises, but nothing gets done and nobody’s even had the courtesy to let me know what progress has been made or even answer the emails I’ve sent.

My O2 e-mail account was my first email account & has been my main private e-mail address for the past 11-12 years.  Having it disabled is not only a major headache, it’s a really serious problem. Can you even imagine in this day & age what it means to not have access to the email address that all you online accounts are attached to?

I am at my wits end – can somebody at O2 PLEASE HELP?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

there is no direct email link but try this o2 email us page that is hidden unless you do a google search https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?q1=1&qid=1

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

This sounds like the usual email account disabled due to a spam attack.

There is a thread by abs that outlines the steps needed. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Home-Broadband-Home-Phone/Webmail-account-disabled-blocked-here-s-more-...

But
1 change your myo2 login password
2 Ensure your pc is virus and malware free.
3 Contact o2 and say you think your email has been disabled due to possible spam abuse and you have done the steps above then ask for the portal team to be contacted and to re enable your webmail etc.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I can't imagine how this would be a spam issue - I am meticulous with my antiviirus & I reinstall my OS every 6 months to keep my system running as cleanly as possible.  I have have also already changed my login details and when I contacted customer services they didnt even know about the portal team and were unable to contact them or even tell me how i could contact them! 

this really is getting ridiculous - O2 customer services are worse than useless!

Message 3 of 8

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

How did you contact o2 live chat or telephone?

Apple Watch series 4

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 'guru' chat, followed by call to 4445 from my handset. The telephone support did at least admit that they were network support & not really involved in these aspects of the o2 service...
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still nothing from O2!  Any suggestions as to where I might get help? - Is there an email address I can contact?

Message 6 of 8

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

there is no direct email link but try this o2 email us page that is hidden unless you do a google search https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?q1=1&qid=1

Apple Watch series 4

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this link, but 2 polite emails in & other than an automated reponse acknowledging receipt of the emails, absolutely no response from O2 whatsoever!

And so it goes on....

Message 8 of 8