Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network coverage in Canada

Bobsyeruncle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Does anyone know which (if any) of the 3 major Canadian Network companies is used as local partner by O2. I am keen to know what coverage I will get when travelling across British Columbia. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Bobsyeruncle I believe O2 partners with Rogers in Canada, but you won't find very good speeds for data. If you're going to be there for any length of time you might want to look into a Pay & Go local sim if you need good data speeds.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Bobsyeruncle I believe O2 partners with Rogers in Canada, but you won't find very good speeds for data. If you're going to be there for any length of time you might want to look into a Pay & Go local sim if you need good data speeds.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10123 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Bobsyeruncle 

I have roamed on Rogers whilst in Toronto / Vancouver, and found speeds to be a lot better than you get in the US, but if you are going to be in Canada for a while and travelling outside of the big population densities then get a local sim and use that for data. 

If you have a dual sim handset, you can set the mobile data to use the local sim instead of the o2 sim. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3