Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix verification code

Lillylou15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can anyone help I bought a Huawei 4g hotspot on 26th July... when I got it the guy in shop said I would receive a email within 2 weeks to get my 6 months free Netflix! Well having looked at my Huawei device it says I have 9+ messages so now I’m thinking the code has gone to that... how do I get the messages?
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

For anyone else in a similar situation I've heard from @Lillylou15 and they were able to solve this issue by putting the SIM card from the dongle in to a mobile phone and registering for the Netflix offer using this link

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lillylou15 Is there a link or code in the messages? Was there a leaflet with the phone saying how to redeem the offer? 

Message 2 of 18

Lillylou15
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s not a phone it’s a WiFi gadget and there was no leaflet with it I thought they was going to send me a email but god knows how you get the messages from it!
Message 3 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You get the messages by logging in to the dongle control panel but you don’t get a text regarding the free Netflix. It comes via email which gives you a link to this site https://netflix.o2.co.uk/Offer
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 18

Lillylou15
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have followed the link and it asks for mobile number which I enter but it says it’s sent a code but it must be going to gadget because I can’t get it! It’s driving me insane now because the guy in the shop said I would get a email but I haven’t had anything... I also spoke to 02 yesterday and they said to follow link but it’s not working!
Message 5 of 18

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Lillylou15 wrote:
Can anyone help I bought a Huawei 4g hotspot on 26th July... when I got it the guy in shop said I would receive a email within 2 weeks to get my 6 months free Netflix! Well having looked at my Huawei device it says I have 9+ messages so now I’m thinking the code has gone to that... how do I get the messages?

I use a Netgear hotspot for my Kindle Fire and read all my messages on my Kindle Fire by clicking on the Netgear app and then clicking on the picture that shows a number for the message(s) I've received.

I would assume it would be the same for you @Lillylou15 depending what  piece of kit you use your hotspot for. I would have thought it should work on your mobile if you connect it to your hotspot and you could read your messages that way too.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 18

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Lillylou15 wrote:
I have followed the link and it asks for mobile number which I enter but it says it’s sent a code but it must be going to gadget because I can’t get it! It’s driving me insane now because the guy in the shop said I would get a email but I haven’t had anything... I also spoke to 02 yesterday and they said to follow link but it’s not working!

@Lillylou15 the code is being sent to your mobile, which is why they ask for your mobile number. Sorry if this is a silly question but have you checked your phone for the code?

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:

@Lillylou15 wrote:

@Lillylou15 the code is being sent to your mobile, which is why they ask for your mobile number. Sorry if this is a silly question but have you checked your phone for the code?

I’ve already asked that & the OP says it’s a dongle & no messages on their phone 

Message 8 of 18

Lillylou15
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah that’s what confusing me because my mobile is not the same number and when I enter the number of my phone it says I do not qualify but I know i do because the lady at 02 yesterday told me. I need to call them again but thanks
Message 9 of 18

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Lillylou15 will tag @Martin-O2 to see if he can assist you in the morning as I know he's helped in the past on problems with this offer

Message 10 of 18