cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix offer - We haven't been able to verify your number because of a technical problem

FloJo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last week I received my text message to activate my 6 month Netflix subscription but on entering my number I receive the message - We haven't been able to verify your number because of a technical problem.

I've tried opening the link in the text message, and clicking the link on a post here on my laptop and still get the same message.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Turn off wifi and try it on mobile data?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

FloJo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Tried that a couple of times 😞
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
@Martin-O2 any ideas ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @MI5 @FloJo

Have you tried clicking the link using mobile data and not wifi? There have been incidents in the past where attempting to redeem this offer over wifi has caused issues. Using mobile data should ensure that your number is recognised. 

Give it a go and let me know how you get on. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

^^^

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

FloJo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Martin, I have tried that and just tried again after clearing the history and still no luck!
Message 7 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

OK no problem @FloJo thanks for giving that a go. I'll need to escalate this for you so I'll drop you a message so I can get a few personal details to make this possible. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 12

Manx
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m having the exact same problem. Trying to activate my subscription but on entering the six digit code the same error comes up - ‘we haven’t been able to verify your number because of a technical problem’. I’ve tried turning WiFi off on my phone and also tried the link from my laptop but same message came up each time. Live chat no use whatsoever!

Any one know of a solution ?
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Manx wrote:
I’m having the exact same problem. Trying to activate my subscription but on entering the six digit code the same error comes up - ‘we haven’t been able to verify your number because of a technical problem’. I’ve tried turning WiFi off on my phone and also tried the link from my laptop but same message came up each time. Live chat no use whatsoever!

Any one know of a solution ?

? @Martin-O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12