Laptop keeps turning off

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Help

Fed up have googled and nothing seems to work unless i am doing it wrong grr 

All i am doing is using my laptop when blue page appears says your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart.

We're just collecting some error info. and then we'll restart for you It starts gets to 100% complete and doesnt automatic turn off or restart i do this manually. 😞 

Also says for more information about this issue and possible fixes , visit https://www.windows.com/stopcode

If you call a support person , give them this info.

Stop code BAD POOL. CALLER.

Can anyone help please ? 

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Fingers crossed lol

I'm back lol

Did it twice again so i got in a huff like one of the little piggies and have reinstalled a clean version of windows i didnt wipe all my files just reinstalled windows.

Its deleted my apps though so downloading BullGuard again.

Fingers crossed again or laptop might be out back door into next doors garden LOL

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Get a can of compressed air and blow all the dust out of the cooling fan and cooling ports first.
Other possible reasons are a bad memory module (replace) or a corrupted driver (check in device manager and look for anything with a yellow ! )
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Get a can of compressed air and blow all the dust out of the cooling fan and cooling ports first.
Other possible reasons are a bad memory module (replace) or a corrupted driver (check in device manager and look for anything with a yellow ! )

Only had laptop since end february so cant see it being bad memory module if that means taking it out and putting new one in .

Will find device manager and look in there thanks see if i can find a yellow ! 

Message 3 of 18

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

There is a yellow ! on icon for windows security defender hidden on taskbar when i open it all have a green tick apart from family options thats just sitting there when i open it nothing there.

So no idea why it should have yellow ! 

Looked in the other place and all clear 

Thanks for your help will have to get some compressed air and blast it one lol 

Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Do you have other anti virus software installed other than defender ?
Some of the 3rd party ones don't like win 10 and can give errors.
Also look at running defender in offline mode to see if it's that giving the blue screen https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17466
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

When you say "just using the laptop", are you using it and blocking off vents and not allowing any circulation underneath? Sounds a bit like overheating to me so as above, clear out any fluff and try using it slightly raised. It could also be something simple as a RAM module coming loose but unfortunately modern laptops don't ahve components that are easily accessible so you end up having to figure out how to remove the keyboard first....

Message 6 of 18

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Also look at running defender in offline mode to see if it's that giving the blue screen https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17466

I didnt know i had defender installed it must be just there lol. 

I have BullGuard installed which i bought after reading the reviews.

I also have SuperAntispyware , Malwarebytes,  AdWarecleaner installed

I have unistalled Firefox this morning because it was saying it couldnt run proper because flash needed upgrading i did this then candy crush went back to the old crappy slow version so i got rid of Firefox .

Dont know how to run in offline mode sorry. 

Message 7 of 18

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

When you say "just using the laptop", are you using it and blocking off vents and not allowing any circulation underneath? Sounds a bit like overheating to me so as above, clear out any fluff and try using it slightly raised. It could also be something simple as a RAM module coming loose but unfortunately modern laptops don't ahve components that are easily accessible so you end up having to figure out how to remove the keyboard first....

I have my laptop on my knee on one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RK4V1W0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will see how laptop goes today so far its behaved lol 

Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

I have unistalled Firefox this morning because it was saying it couldnt run proper because flash needed upgrading i did this then candy crush went back to the old crappy slow version so i got rid of Firefox .

Defender is part of windows but I'd delete bullguard whilst you're testing.

How to run defender in offline mode is described in the link I gave you.

I've also deleted superantispyware recently as an update caused me problems, so also worth deleting or disabling that too to see if it helps.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Poppysmum wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Defender is part of windows but I'd delete bullguard whilst you're testing.

How to run defender in offline mode is described in the link I gave you.

I've also deleted superantispyware recently as an update caused me problems, so also worth deleting or disabling that too to see if it helps.

That update on defender done but ! still there i will uninstall superantispyware now then reboot 

Thanks for all your help slight_smile 

pray its solved now or like Arnie said i will be back lol 

Message 10 of 18