cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVNO and call routing - ported numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Just a question out of curiosity more than anything, I haven't been able to find the info anywhere else.

I'm aware then when you port a number from one network to another in the UK, calls and messages to that number are still routed via the old network (the donor network). 

My question relates to if you port a number from a MVNO and that network goes out of business, will you still lose calls to your number or is that protected because the MVNO is using mobile numbers assigned to the network that is uses?

Thorectically speaking let's say you ported from Lebara to O2 and in a few years Lebara closes down - is the number safe because it was a Vodafone number (Lebara uses Vodafone).

Just curious!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No, all calls go through the parent network so you are protected.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No, all calls go through the parent network so you are protected.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2