Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS

Isabel1a
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone please help me? I don’t like to send long text messages like MMS . It used to stop you typing when you used so many words. I really liked that a shorter text stopping you from texting a novel. Please help. I’m not very technical. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Isabel1a What phone do you have? A standard text message is usually 160 characters. Please take a look at this link which may help you: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/ba-p/1014132

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Isabel1a What phone do you have? A standard text message is usually 160 characters. Please take a look at this link which may help you: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/ba-p/1014132

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have an iPhone. You can turn mms off
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Isabel1a

Adding emoji's to to a text will eat up character count. ie a single emoji uses in the region of 90 characters...so if you use two thats 180. An awful lot to use when 1 text is 160 (though you are usually allowed 3 texts (480 characters) before it converts to MMS

All in the link posted above by @Bambino

There are fair cheaper ways of sending pictured or emoji's if you use Whatsapp or Messenger over WiFi.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum. Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Isabel1a, and welcome to the forum Wave I hope you found the information above useful, but please do let us know if you have any further questions on this!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5