Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Anonymous

Low res images

I have just found this information, which worked for me in Firefox. The following is a direct quote from Apple's Discussion Boards:

"O2 are misleading you. It's a mobile broadband issue where they filter the downloads to replace full quality images with lower quality images (and therefore smaller sized files). The software they provide doesn't allow you to alter this setting. At best, you can use Firefox to tweak some header information sent while you browse to fool the O2 servers: If you are using Mozilla Firefox, then its doable.

You just need to download the "Modify Headers" addon from the Addons site, and once installed - add the following name/value pairs

"Pragma" "no-cache"
"Cache-Control" "no-cache"

And lo and behold, no more pressing Shift+R to improve images!"
Anonymous

Low res images

I have just found this information, which worked for me in Firefox. The following is a direct quote from Apple's Discussion Boards:
"O2 are misleading you. It's a mobile broadband issue where they filter the downloads to replace full quality images with lower quality images (and therefore smaller sized files). The software they provide doesn't allow you to alter this setting. At best, you can use Firefox to tweak some header information sent while you browse to fool the O2 servers: If you are using Mozilla Firefox, then its doable.
You just need to download the "Modify Headers" addon from the Addons site, and once installed - add the following name/value pairs
"Pragma" "no-cache"
"Cache-Control" "no-cache"
And lo and behold, no more pressing Shift+R to improve images!"

This doesnt work for me. Using Firefox3 on an Intel iMac running latest Leopard build.
Anonymous

Low res images

Apologies - I just needed to empty firefox's cache.

It works
Anonymous

Low res images

Nope, reloading the software and changing the account password to 'bypass' makes no difference at all. Is anyone else using a Mac having this problem?

Bypass should work on pay monthly contracts. Make sure you clear browser cache and restart the modem. I first heard of this back in May '08 just after I'd returned the modem but when i got one again in the autumn I connected with bypass and it has worked ever since.
Anonymous

Pay as You Go

Hi all,

Could anyone confirm if there is any solution for Pay as You Go users?

I have tried two solutions ("no-cache" the "Pragma" and "Cache-Control", and the NoScript Firefox plugin.) They don't make any difference somehow.

There is a stock quote site I rely on which seems to get messed up by the inserted JS script. Smiley Sad

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Anson
Anonymous

Low res images

I can't believe that o2 are injecting javascript into all webpages, and serving up los-res images. This is ridiculous!

I think I'll be switching to a different mobile broadband provider.
Anonymous

Low res images

I can't believe that o2 are injecting javascript into all webpages, and serving up los-res images. This is ridiculous!

I think I'll be switching to a different mobile broadband provider.
Anonymous

Low res images

hey guys, whenever i get low res images i always get a pop up saying to ethier press shift + A to make images high res or press ctrl and f5 to refresh it with hi-res and im on pay as you go btw