Did you mean: 

Keeping my number

Tom3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I recently purchased a phone from 02 and I completed a 'keep my number' form on the 02 website in order to move my phone number from my Vodafone account to my new phone on 02, entering the PAC code I got from Vodafone.

I receive messages to my original number on my new phone now however messages I send still come from my new number. Looking at my old phone I can see the Vodafone sim is still working and active. I completed the form on Sunday and it is now Wednesday and the number still hasn't moved over. I have tried contacting via the 0202 number but after following the instructions it cuts me off.

Please can you advise?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Porting is taking much longer than normal

You need to call O2
Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808

Message 2 of 7

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@Tom3
Hi sorry for the inconvenience,
Things are moving slow currently and it might take time.
Will advise you to restart your phone several times to see.

But I think the process is done as you can now send messages using your new SIM.
@Cleoriff can you help here. Thanks

Well you can call customer service on these lines.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
I hope this helps
Message 3 of 7

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi @Tom3 

If your new Phone is an iPhone please go to settings - Phone - My number

If your new temporary number is still displayed please change to number you wanted to keep. 

Hope this helps 

Stacey 

signature
Message 4 of 7

Tom3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Stacey.

I have tried changing the number and turning iMessage and Facetime off and on with resets as I was warned about this with iPhones, however the issue still appears to be that the Vodafone sim is still active so the switch hasn't been completed in that aspect. Once that part is finished I am confident the changes in iPhone settings will work but it is just getting to that point.

Thanks

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Tom3 

Have you signed out your Apple ID on old phone?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
If the old sim is still active the port has no started.
Give customer services a call and ask them to start the port again (you will need to give your PAC again).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7