cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Favourites call-me numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tried to set up a call-me number in brasil.

Yesterday, I specifically asked if one was available in the (86) area code.

Today, I found out, (after buying the service), that the nearest location is about 2000 miles away from where my friends live. That's a long distance call for them, (DDD), which they won't make. To be honest, on PAYG tariffs there, DDD is not much cheaper than an international call.

Plus, I called one of them today on the outbound service, and although the line was clear, there was a long delay of about a second which made the experience rather like a shortwave radio.

Over and out 🙂
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well then that's even more reason to make sure the caller ID is correct Smiley LOL

I have actually experienced this problem...  had the number of  hotel maid in my phone with the wrong name associated with it.  Left my phone in the hotel room one day when I went out, and she must have called it to see her name come up, because I got a text that evening asking me why she had a different name now Smiley Mad

I said it was a game, and we continued to call each other by different names for a few weeks Dance

More info

Message 21 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It's eveny harder when you have one in every street.....so which one for New Year's eve Thoughful

Well...I have lost track now @jonsie ...so you choose.....but choose wisely Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 24

jonsie
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I ended up with a complete stranger.....

Would have made no difference to you my good man...after gallons of Thai Whisky LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 24