Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile calls in ireland

JG7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in the Republic of Ireland and my phone will not let me call Irish or other International numbers. How o I authorise this please

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@JG7 

Try manually searching for a different network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

And you can use any network listed in the search, @JG7 

Also try setting your handset down to 4G or even 3G - that can help you get a signal, then crank it back up to full signal again:

pgn_0-1708848709039.png

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

I can give you a list to save searching?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Here's the ones I see, Irish networks flagged. You may see a couple of others in around the big cities - Dublin, Cork, Galway, @JG7 

1000020022.png

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@JG7 

See this thread here for tips https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/4G-roaming-in-Southern-Ireland-But-there-is-a-But...

and you can try the forbidden networks too as "forbidden" doesn't always apply when roaming.

Message 6 of 6