cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p20 Pro - what should be in the box?

MrPippa
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi. My wife and I have both received these phones and were really disappointed with what was included. The only things in the box were the phone, a very short charging lead and the eject tool. I'm not bothered about the missing cases as we've purchased third party models, but the Huawei site says the phone should also come with a charger (I presume to make use of the phone's fast charging facility) and earphones. I spent about fifteen minutes on hold on the phone while someone checked then I got cut off. Please could someone give me a straight answer?! The lack of earphones is frustrating as the phone doesn't have an aux input. Many thanks.
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MrPippa
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I made a third phone call in an attempt to sort this out. After about fifteen minutes the person I was speaking with discovered the charger and earphones are out of stock and they are awaiting delivery from Huawei; they should be dispatched automatically and be with me in about two weeks. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen. I'm unimpressed that this wasn't mentioned when I placed the order and that I had to phone three times to find out. I'll let you know if I get the items eventually.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrPippa You have 14 days cooling off period at the start of your contract to return the phone if your not happy with it or keep preserving with customer service 

Message 2 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions
What Huawei say should be in the box only applies to Handsets sold direct and not via the carrier channel.

It is well known that o2 dont supply a charging plug for most devices. As for earphones not all carriers include them.

This has been asked before as well

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Huawei-P20-Pro-Whats-in-the-Box/td-p/1117921
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 12

MrPippa
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Surely if the charger is fundamental to an aspect of the phone (in this case the fast charging which is boasted about in the advertising literature) then it should be part of the package. I don't see how O2 can withhold hardware which technically disables a feature they use as a selling point - surely there's a trading standards issue with that. Which is where I'll be taking this, but I thought I'd check here first.
Message 4 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Go for it and let us know what they say.
It's time this stupid idea was stopped and no doubt O2 will sell you the very same charger they already took from you too!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Tesco_Ninja
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've had two P20 pros direct from O2 one brand new for myself and one nearly new for the other half. Both came with charger , charging lead . Headphones. A headphone dongle . SIM card eject tool and a little plastic case for the phone. Definitely sounds like you have been short changed there
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

We've long extolled the dangers of not supplying a manufacturer's charger and customers buying dangerous copies from the likes of eBay and Amazon. There can be devastating effect and a housefire can destroy families. Crazy way for O2 to fleece the customer in the name of saving the planet. Complete nobrot!

https://www.o2.co.uk/thinkbig/planet/sustainable-products-and-services/charger-out-of-the-box

Believe that rubbish and you will believe anything

animated-toilet-image-0005

Message 7 of 12

MrPippa
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Quick update: I have double checked the O2 website and buried in the technical specifications it states that all the other items will be included - for 'Like New' too. I spoke with someone at O2 this evening who also saw the info and was going to speak with the upgrade team to try to get it sorted. He was supposed to call back ten minutes later, but it looks like I'll have to chase it up tomorrow.
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 9 of 12

MrPippa
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I made a third phone call in an attempt to sort this out. After about fifteen minutes the person I was speaking with discovered the charger and earphones are out of stock and they are awaiting delivery from Huawei; they should be dispatched automatically and be with me in about two weeks. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen. I'm unimpressed that this wasn't mentioned when I placed the order and that I had to phone three times to find out. I'll let you know if I get the items eventually.
Message 10 of 12