cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible 'Body' box when posting from iPad.

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Whenever I post or reply on the O2 forums from my iPad 2, I do not see ANY of the formatting options. I cannot even directly reply to a post (where you get the option of including the post you are replying to).

All I can see is a tiny 'Body' box, which is literally 1cm in height, where I can type my message ?? Why is this?

This HAS to be something that is going on behind the scenes with the forum provider - Lithium. I had the EXACT same issue on the Virgin Media forums (who Lithium also provide) and other posters also complained about. Enough noise was made and Lithium made some behind the scenes changes which rectified this so that the forum looked the same on an iPad and from a laptop.

Let's have Lithium do the same changes here please because it really is a chore having such tiny space in which to type this post from, when viewing from an iPad. 😞
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hate to edge off topic here but I thought it wasn't possible to quote the whole of someone else's post using iwhatever? Well that's what I was told when I asked a member (when quoting) to quote the whole post and not cherry pick.

Sorry to go off topic but it had to be said. No debate on this thread please. Back on topic
Message 21 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I hate to edge off topic here but I thought it wasn't possible to quote the whole of someone else's post using iwhatever? Well that's what I was told when I asked a member (when quoting) to quote the whole post and not cherry pick.

Sorry to go off topic but it had to be said. No debate on this thread please. Back on topic

First screen shot is from iPad with 'quote' button. 

Second screen shot shot is from my iPhone with 'No Quote' Button @Anonymous 

As I intimated in my posts. 😉

Message 22 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148341 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions
If that is the case then it is still an Apple issue, not a Lithium one, but without any confirmation from the OP we still don't know what they can see.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which still doesn't answer why only part of my post on a different thread was copied over. It doesn't add up.

Anyway back on topic
Message 24 of 45

MI5
  • 148341 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The above is on my iPad. 

This is the view on my iPhone. 

No quote button. 

image.jpg

Something wrong with your iPhone mate as this is the box I get on my Daughters 4s Smiley LOL

IMG_1565.PNG

@Toby we have proved that the full range of options are available on both iPad and iPhone so I wouldn't stress over any more changes mate.........

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 25 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is what I see also
Message 26 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

After doing a bit of digging it seems as I prefer to have Rotation Lock enabled my screen stayed in Portrait Mode. 

On disabling rotation lock and going into Landscape Mode the Quote Button Appears. Possibly as iOS is a different layout on the iPhone 6+ screen maybe. 

Happy Days Toby. 😄

image.jpg

Message 27 of 45

MI5
  • 148341 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions

A miracle !!!! slight_smile

PS, the 4s was in portrait mode already

Message 28 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every days a school day 😉

Ps . When an iPhone 6+ is turned to landscape it must deal with the layout differently the same way it does with messages , keyboards and mail etc.
Message 29 of 45

MI5
  • 148341 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions
Must be......
Message 30 of 45