cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible 'Body' box when posting from iPad.

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Whenever I post or reply on the O2 forums from my iPad 2, I do not see ANY of the formatting options. I cannot even directly reply to a post (where you get the option of including the post you are replying to).

All I can see is a tiny 'Body' box, which is literally 1cm in height, where I can type my message ?? Why is this?

This HAS to be something that is going on behind the scenes with the forum provider - Lithium. I had the EXACT same issue on the Virgin Media forums (who Lithium also provide) and other posters also complained about. Enough noise was made and Lithium made some behind the scenes changes which rectified this so that the forum looked the same on an iPad and from a laptop.

Let's have Lithium do the same changes here please because it really is a chore having such tiny space in which to type this post from, when viewing from an iPad. 😞
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DinoF wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Unfortunately iOS has issues with Lithium and using the Rich Editor Bar.

The iPad in my case auto uses full mode but the quote and a rich Editor Bar is missing unless you request desktop version via the method I mentioned.

Again something Toby is aware of.

.....ahh, cheers for that tip @Anonymous 

never even noticed that 'Request Desktop' option before! Smiley Surprised

I know you say that Lithium has issues however, I know for a fact that it can indeed be resolved - like it was on the Virgin Media forums. 

It's a nice implementation by iOS as before iOS 8 I had to use the Dolphin Browser to force the Rich Editor into use.

Glad I was able to highlight a nice feature @DinoF and some are asking Apple , myself included, to have the feature as some kind of on/off toggle so desktop versions can be requested without having to request it. 😄

Message 11 of 45

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The Virgin forum was mentioned previously and Toby was going to investigate it, but this was months ago so I guess it's not a change thato2 want to implement.....?

Hi @MI5 ,

Sorry for the lack of reporting back on this. I want to have another crack at it if you wouldn't mind sending any other useful details of the where you have seen better box options (other than what is here) slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148334 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions
Previous topic was here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Forum-looks-very-basic-when-posting-from-... also started by DinoF who was going to try and get more info too, however, I would have thought Lithium would have more knowledge regarding this?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Toby 

Here are the differences from normal reply box to the new desktop request version. 

In my own usage iOS adding this feature has resolved the issue. I just need Apple to now allow a toggle to have Desktop Version as always on. 😉

Normal reply Box. 

image.jpg

Desktop Requested Version. 

image.jpg

Message 14 of 45

jonsie
  • 93787 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7010 Solutions

I've noticed on both Notes 2 and using Chrome that the left side of the emoticons are missing on full version even in landscape. Will try firefox later.

Message 15 of 45

MI5
  • 148334 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Desktop Requested Version. 

image.jpg

Identical to PC version including a "quote" button - is that not what you see too @DinoF ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

The above is on my iPad. 

This is the view on my iPhone. 

No quote button. 

image.jpg

Message 17 of 45

MI5
  • 148334 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions
This thread is about the iPad as per the title.
Message 18 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed but as Toby is looking into this for iOS users it doesn't make sense to start a new thread. I hope @DinoF does not mind as he's an iphone user too.
Message 19 of 45

MI5
  • 148334 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions
I was asking Dino if he didn't get the same as you posted - nothing else and I shall await a reply from the member I was addressing.......
Message 20 of 45