Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail - receive notifications whilst mobile data is off

memzino
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just recently switched from EE to O2 and noticed a few differences regarding Visual Voicemail (VVM).

Previously on EE, I would still receive VVM notifications even when my mobile data was switched off. This helped me conserve battery at home as I would switch on airplane mode and be connected to Wi-Fi (with Wi-Fi Calling enabled), whilst still receiving VVM notifications. However on O2, to receive VVM notifications you must have mobile data switched on and would require me to have to enable mobile radio/data which would eat my battery consumption as my house is a basement flat and signal is quite rubbish.

What is the possibility of having VVM functional while mobile data is switched off on O2? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148871 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@memzino 

Always has been the way with O2 due to the way iPhones use idata for specific functions.

Not likely to change ever in all honesty.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11312 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@memzino 

If you are on WiFi, it should still come down, as long as you have WiFi Calling switched on, other than that o2 aren't going to change there network configuration for a very niche use case sorry to say...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

memzino
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Even with Wi-Fi switched on, I get a message saying 'Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable'. Unless mobile data is switched on, I will not get any notifications.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148871 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@memzino 

Always has been the way with O2 due to the way iPhones use idata for specific functions.

Not likely to change ever in all honesty.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4