cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if you can help out on this one, i know o2 had issues with emails and texts from approx Saturday night until yesterday afternoon.  Unfortunately it now seems i have another issue, all of the emails that were in my inbox have disappeared from both the inbox on my computer and on my phone.  Everything was fine until and we had no problems with this until yesterday afternoon after the issue with emails and texts seemed to be fixed.

The emails started to come through on both the computer and the phone but as i was reading one of the emails they all disappeared and when we came onto the computer to have a look they were missing from there as well.

Surely this should not be happening

Can you help at all?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94021 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Leonard

Not sure if you can help out on this one, i know o2 had issues with emails and texts from approx Saturday night until yesterday afternoon.  Unfortunately it now seems i have another issue, all of the emails that were in my inbox have disappeared from both the inbox on my computer and on my phone.  Everything was fine until and we had no problems with this until yesterday afternoon after the issue with emails and texts seemed to be fixed.

The emails started to come through on both the computer and the phone but as i was reading one of the emails they all disappeared and when we came onto the computer to have a look they were missing from there as well.

Surely this should not be happening

Can you help at all?

Strange one, looks like some of the servers have been bee reset as someone else has reported the same problem. If they have gone from the server I'm not sure they can be retrieved.

Message 2 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-WEBMAIL-INBOX-HAS-BEEN-ERASED/m-p/385010 I think is the same op @jonsie

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94021 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Yes Adam you're right but I don't think the emails will be retrievable at this stage.

Message 4 of 7

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Very strange issue

@kat08 

On webmail have you looked in trash etc

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam

Thanks for your reply.  Yes i have looked in the trash within our o2 webmail but nothing new there that hadn't been before.  All the other folders look ok it just seems to be the inbox where everything has disappeared, even after the email and text issue seemed to be fixed, i received some emails into the inbox but when i got up this morning they had disappeared also.

Have also contacted o2 today and they are looking into it as well.

Thanks again

Kat

Message 6 of 7

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

There is a user in the ios section that had a similar issue but rebooted and all came back seams very strange

Apple Watch series 4

Message 7 of 7