Pippa1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have done this with BT and they happily obliged
Sadly O2 say that they can’t do it
I doubt that very much
I asked them to edit my full name to just my initial and surname and they obliged
I expect O2 to oblige and would like to know how to implement it
I don’t need feed poll to do this
All other companies have obliged with this request
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Pippa1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hope you can help
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Pippa1 we can't help with that. I'm afraid you would need to persevere with customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Pippa1 , and welcome to the forum Wave

I've checked on my end, and found out that this cannot be done over the phone. You can however send your request via this link and the correspondence team can check the details and amend accordingly.

Hope this helps!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This isn't a name change though @EmilieT, it's just a change of how the same name is displayed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
This isn't a name change though @EmilieT, it's just a change of how the same name is displayed.

@MI5 I asked the gurus how to get what @Pippa1 wanted to do and that is what they've advised.

I understand it's not a name change as such and only a change of the displayed name, but that's all the info I got. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I understand that, but non of this requested evidence will support what @Pippa1 needs?
Marriage certificate
Certificate of civil partnership
Deed poll
Reissued birth certificate showing your old and new name (only in Scotland)
All they want is a change from Pippa Smith to P Smith, for example.........

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5  I'm afraid the above is all I have for now, but I'll keep looking into it and if I can find out more I'll share it here. thumbsup

signature

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I suppose the problem here is, if someone just wants the initial and surname (and no title.. ie Miss Mrs Mr) then P Smith could be Peter or Pippa. (male or female)

The first security question you are asked when you ring O2 is 'Am I speaking to the account holder?'

Of course @Pippa1  hasn't mentioned whether she wants the title removed, but this is a consideration.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9