Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Card Payment Not Going Through

I’ve just ordered a new contract for an iPhone x processed it all over the phone but when I go to make a payment using my card it declines.. I have funds, I’ve checked my bank haven’t put a block on it.. I’ve just used my card to purchase an item off the o2 website and it has worked absolutely fine.. Can anyone help? I’m scratching my head and everybody at o2 seems to be doing the same!! I’ve since tried to confirm payment again and it still says failed although I’ve just used that very same card on o2..
Highlighted
Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,116
Blog Posts: 2
Solutions: 123

Re: Card Payment Not Going Through

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous have you used the same card to purchase anything else online today apart from O2? I've had similiar problems and found my bank was doing a security check and stopped any further transactions using that card until I spoke to them. They just wanted to ensure it was me and not a thief using my card. My branch didn't know anything about it as it was another department within the bank doing the security check.

Other than that I really don't know what to tell you. If you've funds in your account then the payment should go through. I can only suggest you speak to your bank on Monday to see if they can shed any light on the problem.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Highlighted
Topics: 751

Hi @Anonymous Multiple attempts at using the card to pay will cause a failure.You can either ring customer services to place your order https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus  Or it's far easier to go instore. This way you will hopefully get the device you want (if in stock) Best of luck...

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous welcome to our forum! Sorry to hear that you were having trouble with the payment. Did you manage to get anywhere with it or are you still struggling?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

The payment isn’t working on the online or manual by phone.

Highlighted
Topics: 575
Solutions: 3,920

Highlighted
Topics: 751

If that doesn't work, you may need to use a voucher for now...

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker