cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Payment Not Going Through

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’ve just ordered a new contract for an iPhone x processed it all over the phone but when I go to make a payment using my card it declines.. I have funds, I’ve checked my bank haven’t put a block on it.. I’ve just used my card to purchase an item off the o2 website and it has worked absolutely fine.. Can anyone help? I’m scratching my head and everybody at o2 seems to be doing the same!! I’ve since tried to confirm payment again and it still says failed although I’ve just used that very same card on o2..
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous have you used the same card to purchase anything else online today apart from O2? I've had similiar problems and found my bank was doing a security check and stopped any further transactions using that card until I spoke to them. They just wanted to ensure it was me and not a thief using my card. My branch didn't know anything about it as it was another department within the bank doing the security check.

Other than that I really don't know what to tell you. If you've funds in your account then the payment should go through. I can only suggest you speak to your bank on Monday to see if they can shed any light on the problem.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous have you used the same card to purchase anything else online today apart from O2? I've had similiar problems and found my bank was doing a security check and stopped any further transactions using that card until I spoke to them. They just wanted to ensure it was me and not a thief using my card. My branch didn't know anything about it as it was another department within the bank doing the security check.

Other than that I really don't know what to tell you. If you've funds in your account then the payment should go through. I can only suggest you speak to your bank on Monday to see if they can shed any light on the problem.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Multiple attempts at using the card to pay will cause a failure.You can either ring customer services to place your order https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus  Or it's far easier to go instore. This way you will hopefully get the device you want (if in stock) Best of luck...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous welcome to our forum! Sorry to hear that you were having trouble with the payment. Did you manage to get anywhere with it or are you still struggling?

Message 4 of 7

David6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The payment isn’t working on the online or manual by phone.

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If that doesn't work, you may need to use a voucher for now...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7