cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get my name corrected

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have called O2 five times now since early August asking that they correct my name on my online account.  Five calls and still not done. Each time I am assured it will be done then nothing! Very annoyed now. Is there anyone, anyone at all out there reading this that can get this done for me?????

Clearly this is not my mistake as I do know how to spell my own name. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have called O2 five times now since early August asking that they correct my name on my online account.  Five calls and still not done. Each time I am assured it will be done then nothing! Very annoyed now. Is there anyone, anyone at all out there reading this that can get this done for me?????

Clearly this is not my mistake as I do know how to spell my own name. Smiley Mad

I would send a PM to Leonard the Community Manager, who should be able to raise this for you.

You can do that here, and click "Send this user a private message":

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/41185

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know the feeling,

When I moved the mobile to O2 I was already a customer with O2 for broadband and the landline and my details were correct on that account.

Whoever signed me up for the mobile must have had access to this to give the discount  on the landline account.  

Like you after 67 years think I can spell my own name.

After many more calls than you they partially resolved but my name is still spelt wrong.

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I will contact Leonard.

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone for your kind replies, appreciate that. I will PM Leonard and see if he can help me.

My name is correctly spelled on some parts of the online account, eg *My details* but its my actual account name that is wrong. I do not think I am being pedantic in wanting it corrected, after all that is simply not my name.

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think you are being pedantic

In my case its a security thing as the way they spelt my name is a way some with a similar name spell it if you get my meaning.  I know there is someone with the name spelt that way

and just cant understand this lack of interest in security

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to confirm, no-one can change the name on thier account just by calling, no matter how many times they do so.

The correct advice is to write a letter with a copy of something showing your name (drivers license, passport, birth certif etc) and send it to:

Correspondence Management Team

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

Calling, emailing, shouting, smoke signals and carrier pidgeon doesn't work in these instances, writing is the only way to do it.

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont think you are being pedantic

In my case its a security thing as the way they spelt my name is a way some with a similar name spell it if you get my meaning.  I know there is someone with the name spelt that way

and just cant understand this lack of interest in security

Its not a lack of interest in security, its exactly the opposite for why you can't just change it online or call in to do it.  We have to see proof of the error so to speak.  See my previous post for info on how to get it changed/updated.

Message 8 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Is there anywhere on the O2 web site anything to confirm this Pablo, or are only O2 staff privy to this information?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
How is it possible for O2 to credit check new customers if they spell the name wrong? I'll answer that for you, they can't !! Its bureaucratic red tape that a spelling mistake can't be easily corrected.... I can understand a full name change but the credit check will be on the account with the correct name and it also appears the OP has other O2 accounts with the correct name already.....!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 18