cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble getting any service in Tokyo with my UK o2 phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've been in Tokyo for two days and my phone will not find any carriers to roam to. So frustrating! Can anyone help? I have an iphone 3s on v6 software. I spoke to o2 support and they just asked me to try and change 'Carriers' to manual, but still it can't seem to find any networks to use. This is happening to both me and my colleague and we're at a loss how to get any form of reception. 

Does anyone know what else to try of if o2 just doesn't have any agreements. I'm here all week and have never had any problems finding reception in any other country. This is my first time in Japan and I'm in central Tokyo so wouldn't have thought that there should be an issue with lack of service.

Thanks to anyone who can make any suggestions to try!

Charlotte

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds like your O2 account has not had Internation Roaming enabled. I had this problem when I took my new phone over to The Netherlands. Call O2 on +44 844 809 0200 for further assistance. You can also try the webchat team @ http://www.o2.co.uk/chatnow

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Hi charlotte

I just had a look at the iPhone forum and it should work.over there.

They also suggested 2 things...

Check in settings u have INTERNATIONAL ROAMING turned on

Also to check O2 have allowed you to have INTERNATIONAL ROAMING.

Hope this helps
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds like your O2 account has not had Internation Roaming enabled. I had this problem when I took my new phone over to The Netherlands. Call O2 on +44 844 809 0200 for further assistance. You can also try the webchat team @ http://www.o2.co.uk/chatnow
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, definately doesn't sound right that you can't join any networks in Japan.  Especially as you're on an iPhone.   Call o2 or visit the webchat team for further help.

Message 4 of 4