Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Waj 

Help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim

Activating your sim

New Pay Monthly customers

If you’re using a plastic sim, your sim is ready to use straightaway. Just pop it in your device and you're good to go. If you’re using an eSIM, you’ll just need to download the eSIM profile to your device, using the QR code in your eSIM pack.

New Pay As You Go customers

If you have a Pay As You Go plastic sim, you’ll need to put it in your device and then top up to activate it.

Existing customers

If you don’t have your current sim, or it’s no longer working, either put the new plastic sim into your device or download the new eSIM profile to your device. If your device connects to our network, you can start using your new sim straightaway. If your device doesn’t connect to our network, call us from a landline and we’ll help. You’ll need to confirm your identity, so we can protect against fraud.

If you still have your current sim and it’s still working, don’t remove it from your device straightaway – we’ll need it to send you a security text. You’ll also need the 13-digit Sim Serial Number (SSN) for your new sim, which begins 00. You’ll find this printed on the back of your plastic sim card or on your eSIM pack.

To move your mobile number across to your new sim, sign in to My O2.

If you're an O2 Business customer, please sign in to My O2 Business to swap your sim.

Sim swaps can take up to 24 hours to complete. Once you lose signal with your original sim, turn your device off. Turn it back on and, if you’re using a plastic sim, pop it in your device. Wait till you see our network appearing on your device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Waj You need to call customer service. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support Try 0800 977 7337 first. Use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option if you have to, to get through.

If you are an existing customer you can just use your old sim if it's the same size as the new one.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

O2Abigail
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 42 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Hi, activating your new SIM can be made simple if you pop the new SIM into your phone and call 202 select the correct option for yourself and just explain you want to activate it and explain its the SIM your calling from it should get done straight away .
signature
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Kinda tough to call from an unactivated SIM tho, surely?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5