cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lovely in theory, however I had my phone stolen in Paris. I reported it immediately to O2, who blocked it. 

Returned home to discover that unauthorised calls had been made AFTER I reported it stolen.

I have spent hours on three separate chats to O2 advisors, all of whom have confirmed that I am not liable since the calls were made after my report. Each one has promised to refund my money, but on each occasion they have done precisely nothing.

Is this standard for O2, or do they actually have any customer service skills?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid the 'usual' amount due on my account so as not to be in arrears.

I had a text message from O2 the other evening saying that the credit for the theft calls was being organised, although they didn't mention the VAT that had already been added to my bill, nor whether or not I would be charged the 'late payment fee'.

I have now had a text from O2 stating that I will not be able to use my phone for outgoing calls until I have paid everything!!!!!!!

I am appalled. Apart from the fact that I have a health condition and live in a remote area, so being able to contact my husband in an emergency is absolutely essential for me, I am still being punished financially for something that was not my fault. 

Absolutely at my wits end here. I can't even complain to O2 as they have restricted my calls.

Message 11 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I thought @Martin-O2 was chasing this for you yesterday @Anonymous?  Not sure he is on today though... so unless @Marjo knows whats happening, you appear a bit stuck (to put it mildly) and now we are at the weekend... slight_frown

Edited to add I have mentioned @Marjo in my post so am hoping she can assist...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did message Martin, the result of which was presumably the text telling me of the £51 credit. I messaged him again yesterday asking about the VAT and 'late payment charge' threat but have had no reply.

I am going out somewhere very crowded tomorrow, if I can't contact my husband it could be extremely difficult for me.

Message 13 of 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff 

@Anonymous I've asked for an update on your situation so please bear with me whilst I wait for a response slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff 

@Anonymous I've asked for an update on your situation so please bear with me whilst I wait for a response slight_smile

Thanks @Martin-O2 Apologies for thinking you were off duty. Just didn't see your name on he Users list wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am actually on chat with yet another adviser at the moment, but they best they can do is 'see if the credit is actually due' (O2 have already confirmed that)

and

'get back to me within 5 days'

Message 16 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Martin.

Message 17 of 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No worries guys! I'll see what I can do my end. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Despite O2 having assured Martin that a credit was sorted out a week ago, there is nothing showing on my account.

Ridiculous.

Message 19 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
It may not show until your bill is produced.
When is it due?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 33