cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different device same microsoft account , wont accept latest password - un til May 11th only

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi     as you know I have fun and games with Microsoft and passwords .......

This time 

I want to take an old Linx tablet on hols.  So I tested it this pm and it wouldnt accept my latest laptop password........ Why?

1 The devices arent linked

2 It has the same icon photo 

3 I have nt used it since i changed my Microsoft password. 

Whats the relationship between Microsoft and these accounts , lappy and tablet.

On the lappy i have pin ,  picture and password access.   Any suggestions.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jenny105 I think the password or pin you set on your laptop is device specific. 

Try your original password on the tablet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jenny105 I think the password or pin you set on your laptop is device specific. 

Try your original password on the tablet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hiyer M15, Glad to hear from you.  I suspected this to be the case. My old notebooks will have to be searched as it seems I can't quite remember the old one. Or so the device tells me.

I'll probably ditch it as its THAT one . The one i couldnt get a sim card for.  Christmas is coming , so's the birthday come to think of it .......... Any suggestions. Must travel well (   😉    ) and have a memorable password     He  he

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It all depends on your budget but I'd go with a Samsung Tab or an iPad for ease of use.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Also see the hint button so you could end up seeing it maybe and good luck
Message 5 of 6

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Well all this time later and we are making some progress ----- I think

The opening photo of glaciers was overprinted with Microsoft stuff re accounts today. So i checked it , It showed  3 devices . So I set a  gmail email; slightly changed the profile name. It looked as if I had sussed this as 2 of the devices responded to the new password and email. 

BUT

One drive on lappy came up as not signed in  and is showing an old email. I doubt i have that password anymore. At the mo its switched off

So queries       Do i need one drive??          any idea how to sync it and from where?     are any other microsoft items likely to be affected , if so I'll try them

Message 6 of 6