cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bbc app

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody else have a problem where the phone starts stuttering after a period of time  streaming a program on the bbc app ? I have not had it happen on the other tv apps. It is not buffering and if I turn the phone off and back on again it will be fine for a short time then starts again.  Am I the only one with this problem? ?????

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Clear cache and data in settings,apps,BBC iplayer.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps try deleting the app and re install.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok will give it a go. Thanks
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

There is a known issue with iPlayer stuttering on Android 4.4 after about 15 mins of playback.
It's on the iPlayer website.

"From BBC iPlayer website.

Android Downloads – Playback issues

We’re aware of a couple of issues affecting Android 4 KitKat users in regards to playing programmes.

1. Video remaining as a black screen but with audio continuing. This is affecting all versions of Android 4.4.

If you get a frozen or black screen, you can usually fix it by pressing the back button to the programme information page, then tapping play again.

2. Playback starts to degrade after about 15 minutes of continuous normal playback of a downloaded programme. This issue is specific to Android version 4.4.3.

We’re working with Google to fix these bugs. Please be sure to accept future upgrades to your BBC iPlayer app and Android firmware so any fixes can take effect."

Not sure if this applies to WP phones also but it's most likely to be an appp issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous is it still not working? Please stay in touch and let us know if you have any other questions.
Message 6 of 6