cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon fire phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just recently brought this phone from ebay. I am currently an o2 pay monthly customer i would like the sim unlock code. I have filled out the form and had the reply. Its wasnt on o2 phone.
I spoke to a customer service advisor and explained .
They said yes it is o2 but they cannot give me the code as the original person needs to. I asked the seller from ebay and he wasnt the original owner just brought it and sold it on. My question is why cant o2 provide me with the unlock code. I am willing to pay if need be.
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Actually checking the OPs very first post they actually bought the phone from Ebay....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 64

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've no idea (and I'm sure I've said that already too) tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I've no idea (and I'm sure I've said that already too) tongue

WiFi permitting I have just gone back to read the thread...phone bought from Ebay...:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 64

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Actually checking the OPs very first post they actually bought the phone from Ebay....:smileysad:

That's irrelevant - it's where the ebay seller got it from that's important, it seems.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 44 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Windmills of my mind just popped into my head......sooo...on that note I shall pop out for breakfast tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 64

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good idea wink

Currently using:
Message 46 of 64

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the O2 Community Manager. Feel free to send me a PM about this so that we can have a chat to see if there are any more options of how to resolve this.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 47 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customer services have basically told me to get stuffed and stop asking for the unlock code as they say the device is not an O2 device.

I find this odd as the device is locked to O2 and was an O2 exclusive, by refusing my request you are not allowing me to use a competitors network essentially enforcing unfair business practices.

I was planning to use the phone next week with a French sim for my holidays but O2s have ruined that idea forcing me to shell out extra expenses.

As is stands today O2 customer services is equivalent to the Nigerian 419 scam, they are happy to take your money with false promises and deliver absolutely nothing.

Message 48 of 64

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I suggest you start with a complaint and take it from there http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
It won't be resolved by next week but you shouldn't let it go either.

Currently using:
Message 49 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

This is an awful situation for Firephone customers to find themselves in. I have no doubt Amazon sold it via O2 network in all good faith?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 50 of 64