cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon fire phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just recently brought this phone from ebay. I am currently an o2 pay monthly customer i would like the sim unlock code. I have filled out the form and had the reply. Its wasnt on o2 phone.
I spoke to a customer service advisor and explained .
They said yes it is o2 but they cannot give me the code as the original person needs to. I asked the seller from ebay and he wasnt the original owner just brought it and sold it on. My question is why cant o2 provide me with the unlock code. I am willing to pay if need be.
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Is this by calling O2 or using live chat?

As advised, make a complaint, this issue really needs to be escalated.

Message 51 of 64

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Amazon Fires bought through O2 are unlocked by us as normal and via MyO2. However, if the device has been purchased via say, CPW or Amazon directly, they need to supply you with an unlock code.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 52 of 64

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys,

Amazon Fires bought through O2 are unlocked by us as normal and via MyO2. However, if the device has been purchased via say, CPW or Amazon directly, they need to supply you with an unlock code.

Sorry Toby, but if this is the official O2 stance, it is a cop out.

Legally, O2 cannot lock a phone and then refuse to supply an unlock code.

Even if they don't have the info (because it was purchased through Amazon, which incidentally was the only place you could purchase one initially) they have a duty to source the unlock code for their customers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 64

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @MI5,

I shall share this view with the team.Thanks for letting me know.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 54 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, i wonder if anything else has been heard of this, i also have the same issue.

My phone was bought the end of Jan 2015, amazon say they only have unlock codes for pones bought after Apr 2015, O2 say they cannot unlock my phone, and Amazon say the cannot unlock my phone, so now i dont know what to do, been trying to gte this done for a month now......

Norman

Message 55 of 64

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We don't know of anything you can do unfortunately as neither o2 nor Amazon will take any responsibility for this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 56 of 64

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So o2 can't unlock and Amazon can't unlock. ...not acceptable.  You need to make a complaint. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 57 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for replying both

Message 58 of 64

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah, another major buck passing exercise!

Currently using:
Message 59 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
My last resort was Amazon offering a full refund for the Fire Phone, all i have to do is send it back to them in a pre paid packet.

I will say that amazon have been the most helpful in all of this, and even though i will be out of pocket over all(grabbed the fire on sale) i will be happy to have this resolved in some way.

I feel i fulfilled my side of the contract, and O2 are saying tough luck...........
Message 60 of 64