cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon fire phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just recently brought this phone from ebay. I am currently an o2 pay monthly customer i would like the sim unlock code. I have filled out the form and had the reply. Its wasnt on o2 phone.
I spoke to a customer service advisor and explained .
They said yes it is o2 but they cannot give me the code as the original person needs to. I asked the seller from ebay and he wasnt the original owner just brought it and sold it on. My question is why cant o2 provide me with the unlock code. I am willing to pay if need be.
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Like I said above, there's no reason not to unlock it.
The IMEI's must be logged if they were locked in the first place.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I wonder if this is something @Toby should be aware of? If this is a constant problem for folk buying this phone from Amazon then it should come with a disclaimer surely...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 64

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
This is the only one we've heard of AFAIK?
Either no one else has tried to unlock one or this one has slipped the net somehow?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I'm not sure.....I thought there was someone else not long after the phone went on sale...

Just googled it actually and XDA Developers posting that there are all sorts of problems...so maybe not just O2 then...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-phone/general/amazon-fire-uk-o2-uk-unlock-code-t3016450

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 64

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

There is an interesting quote on that thread.....

"Amazon say they are aware of the issue but have no solution at the moment, and to send the handset back for a refund . . ."

Currently using:
Message 35 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

There is an interesting quote on that thread.....

"Amazon say they are aware of the issue but have no solution at the moment, and to send the handset back for a refund . . ."

Yeah...I bet that's Amazon.com though....(Mind you if they are saying it there...it must be a universal policy I would have thought). Maybe the op @Anonymous...should be contacting Amazon..??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 64

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
I believe they have already.....

Currently using:
Message 37 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I believe they have already.....

Thanks for remembering that...LOL Be interesting to hear the outcome...I certainly would keep pushing with evidence that they are refunding...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 64

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
They just referred back to o2, I presume the phone was purchased through o2 so that would be different to phones purchased through Amazon.

Currently using:
Message 39 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
They just referred back to o2, I presume the phone was purchased through o2 so that would be different to phones purchased through Amazon.

Which brings us full circle as to why O2 wont unlock the damn thing...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 64