Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognised WiFi network

Mudgie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,I recently had problems setting up whats app with Wifi,that was quickly resolved by you,but for 2 days now my  WiFi network has changed, and wont allow me to add the correct information,so unable to use WiFi, texts any calls except emergency calls,I have copied the information carefully and several times from the SKY router,again help ! I;m beginning to think me and mobiles are not compatible 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Mudgie1 

Who changed the wifi network?

Maybe they changed the password, so you'll need the new one to connect.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Mudgie1
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No notification given if this is the reason,cant use mobile at all,trouble getting SKY as expect everything to be done online,beginning to think mobiles and me are a no go !
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Mudgie1 

Have you tried turning router off and on to reset it?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Mudgie1
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi M15,thanks for your reply,I had tried to turn off and re set router,no change,so called SKY,went through the usual,is it on, have you checked the wiring,there were no lights on (sounds familiar similar to my knowledge of mobile phone technology !)and the advisor has stated maybe the router needs changing as a cost of £99,I stalled by saying SKY not in my name so hold fire, but he has agreed to post out with NO charge, so result in one way lets see if it solves the WiFi and Internet absence, thanks again,will let you know outcome.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

No lights on is not good @Mudgie1 

Hope it sorts the issue for you. Remember, the new router will have a different password to use to connect to your phone.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6