cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlock code

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the third time I have tried to obtain an unlock code for my phone! I really think I'm being giver the run-around!! How do I get an unlock code for my out-of-(pay monthly) contract phone?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just been in O2 chat - where I was informed that my unlock request was declined previously (not that I was informed) because the 'adviser had submitted the incorrect model name with the IMEI number'. As I said to the lady, it doesn't paint a reassuring picture of O2's customer service.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All you need to know is here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very many thanks for your response. I've just followed your link and submitted the unlock request. However, as I mentioned previously, O2 don't seem willing or able to oblige (with my 2 previous requests) as they text me each time saying they can't proceed with my request as they need to contact the phone's manufacturer!

Thanks all the same.

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Where did the phone come from?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
As @MI5 said @Anonymous, where did the phone come from?
Some phones are supplied unlocked (if purchased from 3rd party, eg, Carphone Warehouse), meaning o2 cannot unlock them.
Have you tried another company sim in the phone to see if it works?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I obtained the phone from an O2 shop. I just get asked for the unlock code when I insert a different network sim.

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If the phone is the original one that came from O2 there is no reason why they can't give you the code - the only times problems usually occur is if the phone has been replaced under insurance or warranty at any time.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again. The phone, purchased originally at an O2 shop, is still as received. No changes, substitutions or warranty repairs. I'm ready to throw in the towel on this one - and, sad to say, it only confirms (one of the reasons) why I'm moving from O2. I'm just going to have to buy a new phone!

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Don't give up yet - raise a complaint first http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you also tried to get the code through the My o2 app? It may well be that the IMEI that customer services does not match the phone, but the correct details should be on the app.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 12