cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 650

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having very recently upgraded from the 640 to the 650 ... because I was very kindly informed by a member on the forum that Microsoft were not going to make anymore Windows phones, so kinda get it whilst you can 

atm I am running both the 640 & the 650 as need to take time to see how to take my 640 caloendar over to the 650

Most of the carrying over was done in the Skipton shop by 3 different members of staff

May I compliment the shop, run by long-time general manager Stavros @Toby ... they worked seamlessly as a team ... I, basically, sat patiently whilst they did their job

Will someone on the O2 Community forum please explain in Janet-&-John speak ie do I have Wi-Fi switched permanently? on or off ... & ... do I have data switched permanently? on or off ... because as said on my 640 thread I'm loosing data fast since Whatsap & Messenger were downloaded onto my 640 last Friday by a whizz kid in the town's WMC

Cat

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Open messages, goto settings >Related settings Default app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 111 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Open messages, goto settings >Related settings Default app.

Thank you @MI5 ... yahoo ... will post here when I get a message 

done what you say  ^  ^  ^  

Sorry to be, yet again, a bit of a 'numpty'

Message 112 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received an aural notificaqtion of a message via Messenger ... Fantastic

thank you again @MI5 & @Cleoriff

Message 113 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a text message with aural notification & visual on message tile on phone home page ... = ... Happy Little Bunny ... Bouncy

Message 114 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

If you ask the question on google you would have to write 'Lumia 650 change default SMS back to messages'......You will then get a load of responses Jane. Choose the one that's the best for you...:smileywink:

Thank you @Cleoriff ... you've given me a very good idea as to how to phrase questions in general to Google ... it means a lot to me ... I can do this in future ... rainbow

Message 115 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some more good news ... ... ... the Facebook icon has re-appeared on my phone when previously trying to post pictures from my phone it had disappeared ... ... ... thank you once more @Cleoriff & @MI5 ... ... ... Fantastic

Message 116 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Good to hear Jane. Sometimes just rebooting the phone cures a lot of problems as well..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 117 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Good to hear Jane. Sometimes just rebooting the phone cures a lot of problems as well..

thank you @Cleoriff ... I didn't think of that ... slight_smile

Message 118 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm after getting internet radio on my phone ... this is to listen to a trad jazz programme only transmitted via internet radio on a Monday evening at 9pm

Now, as you will know, let's say kindly, that I'm a permanent 'tech novice' ... I don't get emails via my phone, I'm not sure I want 'all the drivel' of promotional emails going to my phone & then the annoying aural notifications ... btw I'm happy to receive 'pings' when texts come through 

I've used Google ie 'Lumia 650 internet radio' ... but ... am not much the wiser 

Sorry, Wispa' needs help Help

Thank you, as usual, for any advice given slight_smile

Message 119 of 129

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
What's the channel or station name and I'll look if it's available on TuneIn Radio?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 120 of 129