cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Messages failing suddenly No settings changed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an O2 account and an oldish Blackberry Curve 8900

I set up a new O2 business monthly paid account and everything worked fine until this month Jan 2014 I went to send an MMS picture message and it fails to send - 10 seconds into attempting to send it fails with a red X and it simply refuses to send.

I checked this out with O2 and they tried switching off MMS and then Back on again.  They said to do a battery pull in 24 hours which I did but still it won't send.   All settings are still the same.

MMS is enabled on the phone.  It stopped sending when o2 refreshed my APN which they tried to do so that the browsing via tethering with an Android would work again as that stopped too.   Signal shows full strength.  EDGE is in upper case.  Everything points to it being set up to send but nothing happens.   I've now taken to ordering a new phone Samsung Galaxy in case this is something to do with the Blackberry being out of date.   I do hope this rigmarole isn't going to happen with the new phone.  Does anyone know how I can find out what is blocking the mms from sending or receiving?  I'd be mighty glad of some tips that will work, as it's very inconvenient having it stop without warning.

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
If O2 reprovisioned mms on your account it can take upto 24 hours to work

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
If O2 reprovisioned mms on your account it can take upto 24 hours to work
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that rapid response.  Will I have to do a battery pull or just switch the phone off and on again, for the settings to take up - or just try to send an mms tomorrow mid day please?

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
It won't hurt to do a battery pull it may be quicker but they normally say upto 24 hours
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Technician this morning said it should be up and running by late pm today but it isn't yet!

I will do as you suggest and a battery pull about 1pm tomorrow - if it still doesn't work then I will have to hope that when my new Samsung Galaxy arrives it will set itself up for the services and there shouldn't be this amount of hassle.   Thanks for your help I will mark it as solved because if it still doesn't work tomorrow I'll get back to the tech desk and ask what's going on .

Cheers and thanks for your kind attention to my plight.

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome please come back and let us know how you get on
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Signal shows full strength.  EDGE is in upper case.  

There is your problem! 

How large is the picture you are trying to send? EDGE on O2 is notoriously, horribly slow...and quite frankly useless! I know in theory we should be able to send pictures, video and sound on EDGE but in my experience I am lucky to even send an SMS when I'm connected to it!

Have you tried moving to somewhere that you get 3G and trying again or do you have the settings on the phone set to 2G only?

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have sent mms on edge before it did take a while
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have sent mms on edge before it did take a while

You must be the chosen one Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous