Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail saying mailbox full when its empty since my upgrade

snukems
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi i am looking for some help as I have so far got no where with anyone else from O2 regarding this. I upgraded my phone on the **Personal info** and from that day my voicemail began to tell me the mailbox was full. I checked my messages and I did have quite a lot but no where near enough for it to be full. This included my saved messages also. I proceeded to delete all my messages and the save ones so the mailbox is empty. When I call up it also now says no new messages and no saved messages. However the issue I face is whenever someone attempts to contact me and leave a message, they are greeted with "this persons mailbox is full" I have attempted everything the support team said and it still won't work. 

This has included trying ##02#, turning my voicemail on and off, resetting my network settings, turning the phone on and off and even asking support to reset my mailbox. 

Can someone please help me sort this as I receive lots of voicemail usually when I am busy and now am missing important messages as a result. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

snukems
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

was meant to say the upgrade was near end of September. I do not know why its blanked that as personal info.

Message 2 of 15

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@snukems 

Can I suggest that you try putting your SIM into a different handset and see if the problem continues ?

Message 3 of 15

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 contains all the hints you need.

Sometimes, calling your voicemail from another phone can be used as a trick to clearing an incorrect message count or indicator status, @snukems - good luck!

Message 4 of 15

snukems
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tested this and unfortunately it did not work. It still told me I have no messages and no saved messages. Then when my husband phoned and went to voicemail it told him the mailbox is full. 

Message 5 of 15

snukems
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes it does still continue 

Message 6 of 15

pgn
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Try the option to turn off your voicemail by dialling 1760, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on with 1750.

If no joy, you may need to contact O2, either tomorrow at around 08:10am on 202, or via Social Media at one of the ways in the link just below.

Message 7 of 15

snukems
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone able to advise please. This issue is still not resolved and O2 promised me that it would be fixed by last Fri as it was escalated and it still isn't and once again no one phoned me back. 

Message 8 of 15

pgn
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Call 202 and ask them to reset your Voicemail, @snukems - it should be easily done. This is last resort as no other tips have worked.

Message 9 of 15

snukems
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried this and was just told it was escalated internally. I was promised I would be compensated as soon asfor the fact I have actually been unable to receive voicemails and I often have hospitals phone and leave messages as I'm disabled. Most recently I have missed very important calls from my mum while she waited for an ambulance after having a significant fall. The hospital staff couldn't leave me a message to tell me where she was in the hospital either. O2 have a lot of explaining to do after making promises to fix this then not doing so. 

Message 10 of 15