Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Highlighted
Topics: 124
Kudos: 176
Solutions: 44

Re: Lumia 950 - Issues

Yeah, I don't use cases. I think they take away from the aesthetics of the design. My 800 and 920 didn't have much ware when done with them, the 925 and 930 showed chips in the metal band.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Highlighted
Level 2: Apprentice

Have to agree an aftermarket case is probably reserved for more extreme activities and ruins the looks, but the glass exposed to the edge is just asking for a terminal impact. A little protection around it would not ruin its looks really., maybe add 2mm. My poor old phones stand a fair old chance of droppage due to being used crooked on my shoulder, handsfree due to a pair of busy hands in a non office environment on a daily basis. My old 1020 bounced a few times but invested in a case, probably saving it from premature demise. Getting a case asap as I feel this one is a little more prone to accidental damage.

Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

Why pay a premium price for a premium phone and not protect it? The need to show it off to the world? I know what phone I have, I know what it looks like without a cover but I have a case for protection. I have peace of mind that my phone looks the same as when purchased, no dents, no scratches and no danger of a cracked screen....or maybe that's just me protecting my investment?

Highlighted
Topics: 552
Solutions: 13,538

The for or against a cover discussion has been around for years and there will always be people in both camps.
It's entirely personal choice but obviously a damaged phone will be worth much less if you try to sell on later.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 745

Indeed a personal choice. I would never pay a substantial amount for a phone without buying the perfect case for it.

I have bought two phones as Christmas presents this year. I have also bought each of them a case. This will be a shock for one recipient as he has never put a phone in a case in his life. (his current phone is a shoddy scratched mess)...Rolleys

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

@jonsie wrote:

Why pay a premium price for a premium phone and not protect it? The need to show it off to the world? I know what phone I have, I know what it looks like without a cover but I have a case for protection. I have peace of mind that my phone looks the same as when purchased, no dents, no scratches and no danger of a cracked screen....or maybe that's just me protecting my investment?

Because I'm CRAZY Shirty

Highlighted

PS. My 950 has remained stable since the reset.
Highlighted
Topics: 552
Solutions: 13,538

Good news.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

Highlighted
Anonymous

The 930 & 950XL have had a firmware update pushed out to sort some issues.