Did you mean: 

Huawei E5573B mobile broadband speeds

rjm67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Just checking if Im doing something wrong here, but I can't get anymore than around 1-4Mbps downlaods speeds from this device (and around 12-15Mbps upload) regardless of the device I'm using it with. Iphone, Android and Windows 10 all report similar.  At the moment I'm using it from the top floor of a hotel in Croydon and this time of night is the best speed that I can get.  My iPhone on EE is giving me 11/15Mbps on 4g.  My android phone is on Skymobile (so O2 as well) and that is similar to the Hotspot on 4G, so I'm thinking maybe that's as good as it gets. If that is the case, then is really fit for purpose?  Feedback would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143441 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like you're in a bad signal area or there is a fault with the network.
You can check here https://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143441 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Those speeds are perfectly adequate for most tasks. What issues are you having?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

rjm67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, I should have said (I was tired) that it's just about ok at that time of night.  Right now though, from a third floor building in Croydon (fairly open location wise) it's totally unusable. I can't even get the Ookla speedtest to work as it gives me a latency timeout from Windows 10 and my iphone app for it is saying 0.04Mbps for download and upload whilst EE 4G is 5.6Mbps for each.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143441 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like you're in a bad signal area or there is a fault with the network.
You can check here https://status.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4