Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling is Not Working

NorfTyrone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Something I badly need help with!

When I got my mobile phone around 2 x year ago my WiFi calling worked fine at home as did my wives. However a few months later it stopped and we've never been able to get it going again.

- WiFi calling works in other places so I doubt it's the mobile phone.

- My broadband speed is fine (140Mbps) on a BT Smart Hub 2.

- I've reset my WiFi router and no change.

- WiFi calling is available on my mobile AND works in other places. It is turned on.

- My mobile is up to date in terms of software.

- I’ve ‘forgot’ the networks on my mobile.

I contacted BT and they've insisted it's the phone/ network. However, as said, my wives phone experienced the same issue at the same time. 

Help badly needed as we've no mobile signal at home and need WiFi calling.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146425 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28171 Solutions

@NorfTyrone 

Sounds very much like a BT / router issue and nothing to do with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

NorfTyrone
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah- I agree. Just wondering would anyone know anything obvious on O2/ the phone that I need to do OR anything I can do with my router?

TY

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 146425 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28171 Solutions

@NorfTyrone 

I would guess that the ports used for wifi calling are either blocked by BT or in your router settings.

The ports you need are here Solved: Re: Wifi Calling - O2 Community

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

NorfTyrone
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you- Is there a fool's guide on how to check/ set up these ports?

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 146425 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28171 Solutions

@NorfTyrone 

Probably if you use Google to search for your router settings.

Such as Fastest BT Smart Hub 2 Router Open Port Instructions (portforward.com)

Message 6 of 6