Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 6 broken

hellynewman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey everyone, I very clumsily dropped my phone on a hard surface tonight (Google Pixel 6) and the screen is only marginally scratched but the screen just glitches now and won't turn on at all. What's more is I can't log on to my o2 account because they want to send a security code to my phone, which obviously I can't access! Any advice or do i just need to bite the bullet and buy a new handset?!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149312 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

@hellynewman 

If you have a physical sim, swap it to another phone.

You'll need insurance or to pay for a repair or as you say, just buy another.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38373 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

You can put the SIM into any other unlocked Android handset to receive the message, @hellynewman - and as possibly out of warranty, try a mobile repair booth or stall or shop for a price to replace the glitching screen. Good luck!

Message 3 of 7

hellynewman
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! I don't have masses left on my contract so might just try and upgrade early, just a pain I can't log into my account!

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 149312 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

@hellynewman 

You can call sales or go in store with photo ID to upgrade.

– message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 7

hellynewman
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Fantastic, thank you, i think taking it to my local shop tomorrow seems like the best option!

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 149312 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

@hellynewman 

Get them to sort your sim out for you whilst there too.

Message 7 of 7