Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Contract gone over to sim only

alan1yandell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thought i would ask for info on this forum before contacting O2 Just finished my contract 14/6/15on my BB Z10,so one month ago got a unlocked BBZ30 and put my sim card in the BB Z30 and all was working well 4g two bars or H+5bars no problems at all .However yesterday changed to sim only to save money and got a 12 month contract. CS told me that the change has gone through and got a text to confirm it so now on sim only contract.CS said a new sim would be sent to me but they said i would not need to replace my other one so throw it away .Which i have not done as yet.But since i have gone over to sim only 500mins and 2 GB my signal as dropped can't get 4G or only for a few minutes and H+ is now random or starts ok but then goes to 3G 3 bars after a few minutes.It cant be the BBZ30 as that was working fine up till now .So should i put in the new sim which has come or is this more to do with a network problem or being on a sim only contract with old sim card in phone rather than new one. Any info on this would be great.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

alan1yandell
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Going to wait till 28th and see what the maintainence on the mast is like then after a few days,hopefully they will have sorted it

Message 11 of 17

alan1yandell
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well mast should of been fixed but still no 4G everything still the same as before even though it say all good ,however went into account and it gave IME No. etc with this under neath saying phone is capable of receiving "Your mobile device is capable of having mobile internet (GPRS WAP) and picture messaging (MMS)."

No mention of 4G even though the phone is 4G capable,

The Z30 is not mentioned in there 4G list only Z10,so if i put the sim inthe Z10, activate it for 4G then change sim to Z30 that should work,Shouldn't it ? well did before sim change to sim only.

But its supose to be 4G already the sim.

Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Makes no difference. 4g will (should) work in a 4g phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

alan1yandell
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks for that,going to contact O2 tommow because something is not right since the change to sim only contract.My APN settings check out correct

Message 14 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's probably as simple as them just ticking the 4g box in your account settings !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

alan1yandell
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well it has finally happened i have now 4G.

After phoning CS and actually speaking to someone who uses a Blackberry i had to explain my problem,i was on the phone for 24mins but he said he would ring me back at 4.30 Which infact rang me back at 4.35 good one thought he would not.However he made some adjustments then told me to wait 24hrs if still not working  thne ring CS again.You guessed it still no 4G.CS on the phone went through the account ,hang on your on BB 7 tarrif he says, FFS checked sim No. all correct for 4G changed the BB7 tarrif to BB10 phone asked me to restart phone and would ring back 20 mins.

This he did do,still no change,he spoke to Tech guys and told me they will look into the situation.I told him i will give it a week then still no good will contact CS to find out WTF is going on.

Now the good thing back on 4G so that took from June 15th to sort out.

I must admit the CS were good,but O2 seriously needs to train there staff about the difference between BBos7 and lower and BB10 phones regarding data and that it does not require BIS to get email and BBM etc.If it was all done correctly in the first place at sim change all of this hassel would have been avoided.

Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well you got there but it took someone to take ownership of the problem and follow it through. Good on the guy for calling back.

Message 17 of 17