Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Contract gone over to sim only

alan1yandell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thought i would ask for info on this forum before contacting O2 Just finished my contract 14/6/15on my BB Z10,so one month ago got a unlocked BBZ30 and put my sim card in the BB Z30 and all was working well 4g two bars or H+5bars no problems at all .However yesterday changed to sim only to save money and got a 12 month contract. CS told me that the change has gone through and got a text to confirm it so now on sim only contract.CS said a new sim would be sent to me but they said i would not need to replace my other one so throw it away .Which i have not done as yet.But since i have gone over to sim only 500mins and 2 GB my signal as dropped can't get 4G or only for a few minutes and H+ is now random or starts ok but then goes to 3G 3 bars after a few minutes.It cant be the BBZ30 as that was working fine up till now .So should i put in the new sim which has come or is this more to do with a network problem or being on a sim only contract with old sim card in phone rather than new one. Any info on this would be great.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You may need to get another new sim. Recently we heard of a faulty batch?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They might be working on a mast in your area so it may just be coincidence.
You can check here http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
How are you getting on with this @alan1yandell ?
Message 4 of 17

alan1yandell
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well phoned CS but what they said i already done remove sim replace sim and restart phone.That did not work, still the same no 4G if i change network connection i get H+ for about 2 mins then reverts back to 3G.I am going to try the sim in my BBZ10 to see if it works in that which it did do,if not O2 have throttled or stopped 4G etc on this sim card when i changed (Did not upgrade phone got unlocked Z30 from third party).All was working ok for one month till change of tarrif Sim Only which seems strange.If it does not work on the swap to Z10 i will try the sim card they sent me but as CS said they are the same.If that fails i wil reload OS then try again and If that does not work means O2 have changed something probably did not like me getting sim only rather than upgrade,but if they stocked a BBZ30 i would of got that from O2.

I will update in a day or so and see how it pans out and repost

Message 5 of 17

alan1yandell
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok The sim has the same issue  in the BBZ10 as the Z30 which means the sim or O2 has stopped or resticted 4G on the sim and on both phones it reverts to 3G within 2 mins of being on H+5bars.Checked status of network they have all is fine on web page.The mast is about 1.5 miles away.So i have no reason to reload the BB10 OS .

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Do a sim swap and see what happens - Might be a faulty sim card?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

alan1yandell
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They have now updated the mast status from 14.00 hrs that they will be doing maintainence work on 28th june.Hope that sorts it out.
Message 8 of 17

alan1yandell
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

tried other sim Error of Sim not provisioned comes up

Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You'll need to do a sim swap to provision it.
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/help-with-your-sim/get-help-with-your-sim

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17