cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cortana & Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I've heard that WP 8.1 Update 1 is rolling out to the Lumia 930 devices at the moment, anyone know when other handsets will get the update? Is O2 involved in this update like they were with 8.1 itself?

I have the 1520 and can't wait to upgrade!

Cheers!

Message 1 of 115
114 REPLIES 114

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
As already mentioned in this thread - The official O2 update thread is here and will be updated whenever any new info is available.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Denim-GDR1-for-Nokia-Lumia-Update/td-p/8...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 111 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable
Listen, BT are in advanced stages of buying the o2 mobile business, if it goes ahead, there will be a few massive changes. Maybe this is unsettling the staff currently with o2. So hold tight & wait for Denim under a new brand?
Message 112 of 115

Cleoriff
  • 122124 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Listen, BT are in advanced stages of buying the o2 mobile business, if it goes ahead, there will be a few massive changes. Maybe this is unsettling the staff currently with o2. So hold tight & wait for Denim under a new brand?

I dont think the talks are that advanced. I would imagine that any updates will be rolled out well before any meger takes place wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 113 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff is absolutely correct. In the event that BT agree a deal with Telefonica (who's executive flew into London on Thursday for talks with BT) the deal due to its size will need to go through a UK and a European regulatory review which will take months. It is expected that BT would also have to make concessions given it would have monopolistic position in the UK. There is no guarantee BT would agree to such regulatory intervention so even if a deal is announced there are no guarantees it would be concluded.

So for updates to Cortana etc these would be done far in advance of any takeover.
Message 114 of 115

Cleoriff
  • 122124 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Thanks for that Nick. I have just noticed a typing error in my post which is niggling me as I am out of time to edit. Evil So for *meger* ...please read *merger* wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 115 of 115