cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boostbox drops connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using the O2 Boostbox (provided via my employer) for a few weeks now and I am experiencing periodic drops in connection.  The box is connected to my home network via a HomePlug which I thought was worth mentioning as this adds a layer between the box and my router.

When the box has connection all seems OK and I get excellent mobile reception.  Any known issues that could be causing these connection drops?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the broadband at the same time for work related stuff and have the radio app streaming but this shouldn't take away all the required bandwidth?  

The only thing I can do is try the box connected to the router and see if the connection method is the cause of the problem.

Thanks again.

Message 11 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

if home plugs are the issue can you run a long ethernet cable?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not an option I'm afraid, I work in a building away from the main house.  The power comes from the house which is why the Homeplugs are used, which by the way work fine for all my other kit.

Not happy 😞  

Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its the box that looses connection, the lights start flashing and my handset shows the usual connection of zero signal.

Message 14 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the bost box only connects to adsl via ethernet no wifi in device and then produces the 3g signal

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

As my name suggests, I also have the wonderful Boostbox.

The same is happening with mine, it drops its connection. The only way to restore service is by doing a power cycle. My broadband speed is similar to yours.

It has been inactive for the last 4 days now. I was hoping to talk to the O2 Boostbox team while it is in the failed state, but they do not seem to answer the phone. They are only open Mon-Fri between 8am-5pm.

I think they will be sending me another unit when I can contact them. I have already had them do a remote reboot. I will post the result.

Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the post, hope you make progress. Would you be able to give me the number for the O2 Boostbox team?

My box is behaving erratically at the moment, up and down 😞

Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

The number you require is 0800 954 1431.

However, good luck trying to get them to answer. I have spent 4 hours in a queue, split over 4 days, trying to get support for my issue.

Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Boostbox_Owner - at least it is a free phone number.

I will give them a call but from what I have read on here I am not expecting much help!

Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone does manage to speak to the Boostbox team, I suggest trying to obtain an email address for future contact.

I have tried three times again today at 8am, 11am and 3pm and listened to the music on hold for 30-40 minutes each time. The only good news is that they do change the music on hold selection every week apparently!

Message 20 of 23