cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract phones

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning people , i'm in need of some help if anybody can . I have a contract phone and i'm having problems charging it but i dont think the charger is the problem and i'm thinking maybe it's the battery or maybe where you plug the charger actually into the phone . Because it's contract will o2 replace the battery or check out what the problem is . If anyone can share any knowledge i would be most grateful x

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If the phone is still under warranty get advice and repair directly with the manufacturer or with the O2 store. If your battery is removeable you can check for signs of bulging by placing it on a flat surface, there should be no wobble at all. O2 will probably send the whole phone for inspection but sometimes a loan phone is available at a deposit of £25 which is returnable.

Make sure you remove your sim if sending the phone away.

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and a warm welcome to the forum.

Which phone are you having issues with ?

How long have you had it ? If under 14 days and bought through O2 ,then you can ask for the whole unit to be swapped. If bought elsewhere check their T&C.

If the phone has a removable battery then see if an alternative battery cures the issue. If a friend , colleague or family member has the same phone / battery then maybe ask to use their battery.

If an O2 shop sold you the phone they may be able to try another charger / charger cord / battery in store for you.

My advice is to only use authentic original batteries.

Is the charger the original one ?

If not try an original and or please do try another charger and charger cord if it's a detachable one anyway as a process of elimination.

O2 do have a repair service and you would need to send off the phone and battery (if removable) for them to check it out. Just drop it off at your local O2 shop. Any loan phone (if they have one in stock) will be a standard feature phone.

Most manufacturers as stated have Uk Online Support sites which a Google search will find one for you. They will want the whole unit sending to them.

Most manufacturers warranty cover normal wear and tear and not any user damage, for example to the charging port.

If your out of the manufacturers warranty then another avenue is to check out any mobile phone insurance or home contents policy via their T&C and some Bank Accounts give cover too.

Excess fees would typically apply.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hiya its a sony xperia m and got it as part of my package from o2 and believe it was it june . I dont know where I stand with this but am useless with phones etc lol x
Message 4 of 11

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Phone Sony they will tell you if the phone is under warranty and their service is excellent, I've used it a couple of times in the past few months for my Z and my husbands SP, the phones where away for about a week they give you a code and address to send to x
Message 5 of 11

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
They also have an Internet chat where you can talk to someone if you don't want to call xx
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou I will try calling them first then x
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck to you. 😄
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have problems with your phone I cant see why your service provider just cant give you a new phone x
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

After the first month your phone is normally sent away for repair. There is a 2 year warranty on Sony phones but after only 5 months it isn't likely that the battery has failed.

It could be a problem with an app causing conflicts, the cable or the charging port.

Have a think about doing a factory reset but make sure the photos and messages are backed up first.

Message 10 of 11