cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was an o2 customer and then discovered that I had been changed to a Business account

closer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was an o2 customer for several years and then discovered that I had been changed to a Business account without my knowledge and that Aerial was acting on behalf of o2. I also recently discovered that I have a verbal contract with Aerial to which I have no knowledge and it runs for another two years and if I wish to cancel I must pay the monthly fee for that period. I think that I have been dupped.

Read further and:

Have you asked for any proof, for example, that they recorded the conversation which they would usually do?

You do want the recording, when and how the contract was sent to you. Any communication. because I had NONE! They also would have to prove that you have been given the legal cool-off time. 

I have been back and force and made me miserable but I am getting there.

I filed a complaint on   https://www.commsombudsman.org/raise-dispute and asked Aerial Direct for a Letter of deadlock and all the good gesture solutions came in. I didn't take any as they were not acceptable. 

If you deal with the senior manager John from Aerial Direct, just know he is a little coward and likes to hide under his table. File a complaint on communication ombudsman and also ask for a refund 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37504 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

@closer - how long did this take? Have you received your refund yet? And last but not least, how did Aerial Direct manage to get you as a customer in the first place?

Message 2 of 8

closer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update: I filed my complaint to   https://www.commsombudsman.org/raise-dispute over the dispute with the Aerial Direct business account they claimed I had with them.  It took a little time to be able to file the complaint, but so worth it. They are setting a time when you can start your claim, worth waiting.

I filled in all the questions in the ombudsman form, and it can be a little overwhelming to start with, but I had a great experience once I became familiar with it. 

Before you fill in the complaint,  I would collect any(all) evidence of complaints and contact you had with Aerial Direct. (Messages/Emails/O2/ phone calls)

It helps a lot to prove you tried to solve the problem. I also had an 02 customer service trying to help and called Aerial Direct but it wouldn't go anywhere.

My claim was accepted within days. I also had 2 phone calls from them, friendly, easy to talk to, and understanding.

They contacted Aerial Direct with my complaint .....

In the meantime, Aerial Direct contacted me and made all sorts of unacceptable offers. 

I declined all. 

Aerial Direct wasn't able to provide the recording to me or the ombudsman and other

things they claimed. 

I had great news today from the ombudsman over email and on the phone. I don't want to

post the outcome yet but I will,  once  everything secured. 

It's the best thing I have ever done. I normally roll over and accept everything. 

I will log on to answer any questions.  Good luck everyone 

Message 3 of 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37504 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124728 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7533 Solutions

@closer 

You are the 2nd person in the last couple of weeks who has had a good experience with the Ombudsman.

Excellent to hear. Let us know the final outcome please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

closer
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It needs a little patience as the Ombudsman will ask you : 

When did you first make the supplier aware of the issue?

Whilst we'd like to, we can only help if you complained to your supplier more than 8 weeks ago, or if you have received a deadlock letter.

Aerial Direct promised to send a deadlock letter but never sent one! 👀

It gives you time to collect all evidence, send emails, ask for the "sale recording", copy of the contract or how you tried to to solve the problem. Once I told Aerial Direct that my complaint was now handed over to an authority and dealt with, I received all sorts of unacceptable offers.

One thing I can say: Aerial Direct has NOTHING( in my opinion)and is fraud.

Make sure you take screenshots of everything sent/ received, phone calls EVERYTHING! 

Ask for an appropriate refund 😉 I know 2 months feels long, but the Ombudsman worked

really really fast in my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised and would give them 

Good luck to everyone. 

Message 6 of 8

closer
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I definitely will do that.

It was my first time on the ombudsman, had no experience and it felt overwhelming. But you can take your time adding evidence and adding things you forgot to mention. 

I will give more information once I get the money and the PAC code  👍

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3122 Solutions

@closer 

We had a similiar expericence with the Energy Ombudsman over Bulb (remember them) and they where excellent.. And they even said the more prepared and the more you have evidence the better.., 

It can be a slow process, but well worth it... 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 8 of 8