Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent network issues

BJAmb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am experiencing persistent network issues with O2 that have not been resolved despite numerous attempts over the past 10 months. The problems began after the merger with Virgin. When I contact customer service to report the issues, they merely follow a scripted set of questions without addressing the root cause. I have even been told that the problem may be with my phone, despite the fact that I have changed devices twice since the complaint arose. Additionally, I have two separate contracts with O2 on different phones, and both devices experience poor signal strength and increasing instances of network black spots while traveling within the UK. I am frustrated by the need to repeatedly put my phone into flight mode to obtain a temporary improvement in internet connectivity, which quickly reverts to slow or nonexistent speeds. SORT IT OUT O2 before you have no customers.. 20 plus years being an O2 customer ... 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7276 Posts
  • 139 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Your starting point @BJAmb might be to work through :-

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

My Network App - Find Out More About Your Network Coverage | Apps | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

If you do consider leaving O2, please make sure that you procure some PAYG SIMs for the other networks, in order to test which is the most effective in the areas that you frequent. 👍

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7035 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

Adding 3 million Virgin Customers to an already oversubscribed network has done nobody any favours.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

japitts
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 122 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

You've mentioned two issues here, one of which would be compounded by the VM factor - the other wouldn't.

poor signal strength and increasing instances of network black spots" - this is a coverage issue, and wouldn't be impacted by the amount of users connected to your serving site.

your reference to "slow or nonexistent speeds" would suggest a capacity issue, where there is insufficient spectrum on the network to support the usage - the additional ex-Virgin Mobile users would indeed have compounded this.

Message 4 of 4