Word Hunt Diamond - Game 77

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25222 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the Word Hunt Diamond - Game 77

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted.

The aim of the game is to find the target number of words [as in the source used for the game] using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s "diamond" is as follows:

C

A      E

M     P     N

I      U

T

This week`s target is 64 words - using only the letters in the diamond - including one 9-letter word.

I will be giving awards to players 

star star  - to the player who finds the nine-letter word

trophy trophy - to the player who finds the last word in the list in the source used for the game

dog diamond dog - to the player who finds the most words not in the list before the end of the game.

The rules:

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter P.

No proper names are allowed.

Scottish words and American spellings are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, PIPE isn`t allowed]

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter P

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

PLEASE NOTE: I will have to call a STOP to the game periodically so I can give updates of words found. Please be patient and wait whilst this is being done and hope it does not cause too much delay or disruption to the game. 

The Word Hunt Diamond game is open to all members.

I hope the Diamond Dogs of Words [thanks @pgn for the term] - those who have played in previous

Word Hunt Diamond games - including

@Cleoriff  @Anonymous  @pgn  @Anonymous  @BobM  @Bambino @gmarkj  @Projectionist  @MI5 

@TheresaV   @TallTrees  @jonsie 

our new Community managers @lewys-gp and @RafaC 

any member who has not played before or has not played for a while; and any new member will join in and play today`s WHD.

Can you, between you, not only find the 64 words in the list [in the source used for this game], and

the nine-letter word in this WHD game, but also find additional words not in the list ?

Good luck everyone and have fun...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@BobM wrote:

Great to have you back @BobM  

Thanks @Cleoriff and congrats on finding the longest word.  Hopefully I won't have to disappear for a while now.

Hope not @BobM. Really missed you on here the last couple of weeks. The game has been going on until 17.30pm rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 131 of 152

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Oh wow okay that was quick! Well done everyone, especially to @Mi-Amigo for keeping up with the madness 😅 Great game! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 132 of 152

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36441 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Woohoo - Last-word Larry strikes again, or Pop-it-in Pete, as @Cleoriff coined 🤣)!

Well done all, and especially @Mi-Amigo for keeping up with the pace of popping 😉

Good game, everyone 👍

Message 133 of 152

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Woohoo - Last-word Larry strikes again, or Pop-it-in Pete, as @Cleoriff coined 🤣)!

Well done all, and especially @Mi-Amigo for keeping up with the pace of popping 😉

Good game, everyone 👍

@pgn 

I'm sure you know 'Pop it in Pete' was a name first coined by the much missed Larry Grayson. Ray was his chauffeur for a year and he was a real delight to work for. Pop It In Pete was his postman.  😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 134 of 152

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25222 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV and @pgn 

Pleased you enjoyed the game, which did go much quicker today.

As for @Cleoriff `s new nickname for @pgn  "Pop it in Pete", I`m wondering where and when that might appear elsewhere on the Community 😂 ? Maybe "Pop it in Pete" - gatekeeper of TNS ??

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 135 of 152

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36441 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Ours is more of a Chuck it in Charlie, @Cleoriff 😆

Forum can't handle YouTube Shorts so here is a link instead:

https://youtube.com/shorts/Kp0HfCXmEUU?feature=share

Message 136 of 152

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

That tik tok video didn't do anything @pgn (If it was meant to play it didn't....😂)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 137 of 152

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23205 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

Wait....what? I only just got up! 😭

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 138 of 152

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Sorry @Bambino but @BobM  was back today after 2 weeks away and we flew through. 😃

(Which in itself caused a lot of problems for @Mi-Amigo with the forum and having to refresh EVERY page!) 🙄

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 139 of 152

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4453 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Sorry @Bambino  🙁 .... I knew you'd make an appearance and I intended leaving the last one for you but that guy @pgn grabbed it.  😜 

Message 140 of 152